Thread: Active suspension/handling

Active suspension/handling

I have Held suspension and brakes. I've been googling the corvette system and wondering if it might be feasible to add the shocks and abs brakes along with the computer to control them to my system. I'm thinking that the expense might not be worth it even if it can be done. I know, I know, anything can be done if you're willing to throw enough money at it. Would I even like it if I did do it?

I was contemplating about using corvette or cadilas system as they are fairly straight forward. ABS and/or active suspension are using seperate computers/modules and I have not looched at the chematic but I beleive they do need feedback from speed sensor or OBD bus for extra information.

I guess I have to look into finding some schematichs for those systems too to see what exactly is involved in getting it running.

Carrera already has/had a system that you can buy off the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton View Post
    Carrera already has/had a system that you can buy off the shelf
    What is that?? can you tell more ????

When I googled all I could find was porsche references. Can you give us a lead?

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1 View Post
    I have Held suspension and brakes. I've been googling the corvette system and wondering if it might be feasible to add the shocks and abs brakes along with the computer to control them to my system. I'm thinking that the expense might not be worth it even if it can be done. I know, I know, anything can be done if you're willing to throw enough money at it. Would I even like it if I did do it?
    i know that computers are involved. What I'm not sure of is whether the suspension/handling package has it's own computer or if it's all in the main computer.

what I had found so far is that Corvette and cadilac share some of the electronics. Based on corvette info I had found active handling ( suspension) has its own computer just like ABS. There are few signals fed from PCM speed, acceleration, dive/raise, plus fiew external sensors like steering wheel position, yaw and cople more.

MagneShocks Home

If I am not mistaken they helped in the initial development of the system used by GM and now ferrari