Thread: t-rex kit

Question t-rex kit

I've been on this forum for a while and I'm impressed everyday with all the know-how and informative posts I come across. That being said, I was wondering if I could get some opinions on what are peoples thoughts about the Campagna T-Rex Trike, I know its not really a car but its still follows the basic grounds of what this website is about.
    My questions were, How hard? How much $? and How realistic is something like this to build from the ground up? I dont have $50k to drop on a new T-rex so I thought I would ask you, The talented and experienced builders that you are for your thoughts and opinions or hurdles one might encounter. Also the paperwork required to get this thing registered and road worthy. Thanks in advance!

Link to a video: Article Player

Name:  1-24-NYC-Motorcycle-Show028.jpg
Views: 24383
Size:  97.5 KB
    Last edited by svfreddy; 07-03-2012 at 10:40 AM.

There is a kit , out of Canada I think. Anybody?

I have been on this other forum before Reverse Trike - T-Rex Replica

and on this page there are a few makers; www.G2Cycles.com, www.TexTrike.com, and www.enzoCustomCycles.com

Also I have seen one like this on eBay for $20 a few months ago
    TRI-X (T-rex replica) for sale - YouTube

Hope that helps
    Last edited by am33r; 07-03-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Call my buddy Tom in Asheville and he will hook you up, $9999.00.

Here is a link to the one he offers: TRP MOTORS- TRI-X . t rex Motorcycle Burn out, Kit Sales- Custom Hayabusa Suzuki - YouTube

Contact info at end of video.

I have always loved three wheelers. we built a chassis for one in college and it was featured in a magazine. They had a contest to design the body, winner got the chassis. Poor guy, it really wasn’t quite ready for the actual road.
    The problem with three wheelers is the balance. I see that T-Rex, or whatever that one in the video was called, has gone through the same learning curve we did back in college.
    The inside wheel lifts off the ground accelerating out of a turn. You almost soil your shorts when that happens, then you get out the welder and widen the front track. When that isn’t enough, you move back the rear wheel as much as possible and end up with a vehicle that (normally) won’t flip over but is still an accident waiting to happen. The first turn you go around without concentrating, you hit the curb or worse with that inside front wheel. Since the rear wheel is so far back, it doesn’t have enough weight on it so it breaks loose without good reason.
    Three wheelers are still cool but generally have almost the same complexity as four wheelers, just none of the manners. They are fine for little putt arounds but not for performance machines.

I was looking for information on perhaps the cost involved with a build like this, I know one cant be certain but one can guess on what it might cost for things like a used donor bike and the price for the raw material needed like tubular steel, Fibreglass, And suspension parts? I just dont see a lot of money being needed especially having a donor bike already and most of the tools needed for something like this,

BTW thanks so far for the provided information, Its helped out thus far!

Carbon Fiber Kits

Quote Originally Posted by svfreddy View Post
    I was looking for information on perhaps the cost involved with a build like this, I know one cant be certain but one can guess on what it might cost for things like a used donor bike and the price for the raw material needed like tubular steel, Fibreglass, And suspension parts? I just dont see a lot of money being needed especially having a donor bike already and most of the tools needed for something like this,

BTW thanks so far for the provided information, Its helped out thus far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havemurci View Post
    There is a kit , out of Canada I think. Anybody?

I'm selling Dash Kits for Campagna T-rex in Real Carbon Fiber and can give you discounts. Please PM me if interested with the exact make and model of your T-Rex including the year.

I'm selling Dash Kits for Campagna T-rex in Real Carbon Fiber and can give you discounts. Please PM me if interested with the exact make and model of your T-Rex including the year.