Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headlight pics

headlight pics

Well I got the headlights put in. I don't remember if I posted these pics before but I have pics of the 300zx lights bolted on and working. Boy do they look good. Tell me what you all think.

Re:headlight pics

I was the one who had put the 300zx lights on. Here are the pics. they look good but they don't work. Unfortunatly the headlights only popped up halfway (the way they were designed).

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard T.
    Well I got the headlights put in. I don't remember if I posted these pics before but I have pics of the 300zx lights bolted on and working. Boy do they look good. Tell me what you all think.

Looks pretty good to me, Gerard. Although, I have to admit that I don't know what a real 355 light is supposed to look like... Anybody have any pictures of the real thing to go by?

Sorry I missed you at Knott's, Gerard. Didn't meet anyone new from here. We had a huge group of Pennock's folks there though. Overall a pretty good time but I would have like to see a 355.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

Gerard,
    Thanks for posting the pics, any solutions yet to them only popping up half way? Thanks.

Mike

Songman,
    When I went to the Knotts I really only stayed for 2 hours. For some odd reason it was not what I had expected. Alot of cobras like last year, more lamborghini's though. But, I don't know. I did the walk through talked with a few friends that were there and left.

Mike,
    For the 300zx lights WASTE OF MONEY. The was they are set up they can not go any higher. Look for Frord PRobe pre-95 or 92-96 saturn. They look close and cheap and easy to install. I had bought a set of Probe lights for mine.

I was kinda let down too but we had a group of about 20 there and two night booked in the hotel so we stayed... Next year we'll make it better!
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

Thanks Gerard, appreciate the help.

MIke

Gerard,
    I like the low profile look of the 300 lights much better then the stock fieros as I have. Hopefully you can work around the hight restriction....

Heres mine.....the pass side at the time still needed some adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Songman
    Looks pretty good to me, Gerard. Although, I have to admit that I don't know what a real 355 light is supposed to look like... Anybody have any pictures of the real thing to go by?

Although the 300zx lights are not exactly like the real ones, I think they are the closest, considering they are not the standard size light you can go down to the auto parts store and find. The fact that the shape of the 300zx light is not standard makes it easier to pass off as real. Also, they are inclosed on the sides and painted the color of the car like the real one.

I like the 300zx lights if one could make them work. Not only do you have to make them open more than they are designed for, you have to then point them down for the headlights to be legal/usable and I'm not sure if that can be achieved by the stock adjustments.

When I build lights for my Mirage kit I used Mitsubishi lifts and Chevy Corcia headlights. I made the covers out of an old parking lot sign, cut and welded together to work with the lights.

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.