Thread: Countach Hood Hinge

Countach Hood Hinge

Finally got the D@#$ things attached and working! Only had to design it FIVE times and fail FOUR! Man this was not as simple as you would have thought. (is it ever?) You can see the bar in the front I had to work around. The actual hinge point had to be at least 1 inch forward of the front lip of the hood. That put it inside the front of the bumper. Big thanks to Kitcarnut for the pics that I essentially copied from. I had the right idea and had bent the arms right, I just had the measurement wrong. The area is cut open twice as wide as it needed to be. The first time i had moved them to the middle to use a different attach point. This put the hinge bolt directly behind the license plate area. I dicked with this forever before realizing that I was one inch short (always the case in life,,,,and love) and had to move them out in order to be able to get them forward. I will "pretty" things up again after I remove them for paint. I plan to weld the brackets to the bar after that. The bolt is just holding them in position. Sorry for the long,,,,,boring,,,,,,,soapbox about HINGES. As we always say in the car building world,,,,,,,IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS! 8)

kitcarnut

Re:Countach Hood Hinge

lucky you, what would we do with out the internet?
    what's next?LOL oh ,lock n latch.

I am designing a plate to hold the wiper motor upside down and include the latch on the front of it. All of this so I can keep the spare tire in the front. Hopefully this goes better than the hinges. At least I won't be working around "things" in the way. I just wish I had a tiny little angle drill for all the places I need to drill into. I have had to resort to using my air rachet and a self-drilling bolt already! I'll keep you posted....Thanks again for the E-mails! 8)

Thanks LarryBud for the pictures they help a lot . When you or anyone trys to explain how they did some thing you never know what picture is in there heads but when you post a picture and say this is how I did it. Every one has the same picture in ther heads again thanks Larry. Gene

Great job, keep up the good work.
    A few questions, did you buy the hinges or did you make them yourself ?
    I notice that you have aftermarket parking lights, I have a pair of OEM Countach parking lights if you are interested make me an offer, they were on my car but now the headlight are in that space.
    let me know if you are interested, I'll check the site on Monday.

Of course I would be interested if the price is right! Of course I would have to start over in that area again,,,,,,,,but hey ,,,,it's just time right? I fabbed all the parts for the hinges myself. We surprise ourselves sometimes with what we can do in the home garage! Thanks for the compliments guys! I'll keep you posted on progress. 8)

mine were custom made

A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Lambo 1 Your car sure looks good but i'm patial to the 5000S
    I sure will be glad when I get my frame finished . Gene