Thread: Fiero Countach gas tank(s) question

Fiero Countach gas tank(s) question

What gas tank(s) are you using in the Fiero based Countach? And where are you hiding the gas cap? I've seen one pic of it in the NACA duct. Any other suggestions?

Fiero based kits are going to use the stock tank - note that the later models tanks are a couple gallons larger in capacity.. My Countach has the filler in the NACA duct. It works alright, but the auto shutoff triggers constantly. Not sure if it's a problem with the location, or the method used to route the filler tank lines. Not sure I'd recommend that location or somewhere else.

Same for me as RHK. I routed the filler to the NACA duct and have to go slow on the fill. I think it is because of the return vapor line. I used a boat deck gas cap.

Just saw a youtube video of an original Countach filling up. It has a filler in each side in the duct so you can fill it with 2 pumps at once!

Yes, 2 tanks & a hidden fill neck under a flap. You can use just one side to fill, but it takes a while to equalize the gas to the opposite side. The LP400 & 5000s had the 2 tanks. The U.S. version of the QV & 25th cars have only one fill neck on the passenger side & it is fixed at an angle of approximately 45 degrees, visible in the naca duct.

Ditto on the slow fill up. Easy to spill over too.