Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d models,scales,ect

3d models,scales,ect

Hey guys.. Where can I get accurate 3 D models that are to scale, so I can compare designs side by side. Or on top of each other like arashb..Lol....he's an amazing...artist...I currently want to see if I can turn a 96 ford Taurus into a newer better looking car...then add some of my designs to it...Lol...trying to turn lead into gold I guess..Lol..

Or do you have to make the models from scratch..?

Hi, thanks for the compliment. I would make a tutorial on how to do everything but I have lots of work ahead of me in these next months.
    But basically you download the model, lower the resolution (so one can edit it fast on regular computers) and re-scale it, then edit it in a 3D program.
    Learning a 3D program is the hard part, thats why I stick to Sketchup because there are YouTube videos on how to do most things and also Sketchup groups to join that should help if you get stuck trying to do something.

Sources -

Sketchup Warehouse
    agera - 3D Warehouse Search

Forza 3 models in Zmodeller format (this program is linked at the bottom of the screen, if its only a demo that wont export to .3ds, try DL4all.com for pirated versions)
    [ Forza Motorsport 3 ] . Free 3D cars, wheels and cockpits .
    New cars not in Forza 3
    [ Forza Motorsport 4 ] . Free 3D cars and cockpits .

These are the latest Forza 4 cars in very high resolution, you have to join the site and request the password through a private message.
    3D Cars from Forza 4 in different formats - CGPersia Forums

I was a big fan of the Agera super car, I used to think your Taurus model would fit that design as a sedan nice. For rare models you can search to see if its in any video games in which some have complicated ways in ripping them out... or its best to google search the cars name and the word "3D" to see if any legitimate stores are selling it.

I actually found the model file from a game but it needs converting... if you cant find it anywhere else, I'll convert it.

P.S. with these powers come great responsibility not to do the following
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...-Aussie-04.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...-Aussie-06.jpg
    Last edited by ArashB; 09-03-2012 at 01:27 AM.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Oh my goodness....this is really good info....thank u so much arashb....but hey I can't see the photos on the links u posted....thanks arashb....u are so right. I've had never thought about ripping them....thanks...

Hey guys well i think that Scale models are bigger or small editions of a considerable item. A design that is three-dimensional, or 3D, can be considered from every position. Many scale designs are made as affordable prototypes of large and expensive design ideas.Thanks!!

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    ArashB

IF A 1/24 SCALE MODEL CAR FRONT BUMPER IS SCANNED INTO A 3D FILE WHAT IS THE BEST PROGRAM to increase the size to 1:1 full size ...Question from one of my customers ,he has a scale model part he want us to make it full size ,we are going to trace the part on paper for now to see if it can be printed out in full size lines on butchers paper ,this way we have a line drawing from scale to full size , i wish it was a program i could put the scale size line drawings in and it convert it to full size for me ,then we just go print it . then transfer it to MDF and or press board . open discussion for those who have brilliant idea,s to HELP ONLY
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Hey man, once you get the expensive scan, the model then can be generally (using any program) increased in size and it will keep its scale.
    Some programs are cleaner in converting the scan to 3D model then others... the best being Rapidform's XOR and Geomagic (both ridiculously expensive to buy legally).

For what you're doing its probably best to just use this program which should will create a pretty decent model from multiple pictures... then you can get a 3D modeler to perfect any imperfections.
    Autodesk 123D - 123D Catch turn photos into 3D models

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 06-21-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

It looks good... in the comment section someone mentions that the software may not be good enough to interpret the data... but I think I'll do the job. Personally I'd get a large scanner if one was available in the same price range but who knows how accurate it'll be for small objects.

This product could be worth a look, I have not used it myself but was told it will do the job
    DAVID 3D Scanner