Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone's ground clearance? 4? 5?

Whats everyone's ground clearance? 4? 5?

Well as I keep trudging along on the countach it seems to be getting closer and closer to the ground. I started off at about 4.25" and now im sitting at 3.25-3.4"...... wow I like the low look but damn! Im really trying to get the look of the lowbody but its killing the clearance. mMy only option is to lower the body lower on the chassis but this will start eating up the interior heigth and head room, ohhh and also the engine will raise and clearance there is tight too...Ohh well I guess

Any ways my question is what is everyone's ground clearance? Id just like to see what everyone else is running... Thanks

Hi there,

Speed bumps are prolific in the Uk so I am aiming to be no less than 4.5 inches.

oh, and to avoid the speed bumps!! lol

The OEM ground clearance is 4.92125". I believe this is measured from the bottom of the side skirt lip. The front chin spoiler clearance is 6.875". I have estimated that the chassis floor pan clearance is 6.4" at its highest point. Of course, there are a lot of tubes & things that hang down below that height. See attached photo of a 1985 QV with standard side skirts. You can see the bottom lip of the side skirt hanging down marked in red on the left side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

On my AD F355 kit, I lowered it to 3.5". Now I can clearly say that it looked great. Even with the slight slope of a California driveway, I would not get to the street. I raised my car to 4" and now I can drive on the road, but I still hit. I am planning on raising up to 4.5".

LP500QV

Wheelbase : 2500 mm (98.4 in)

Overall length : 4140 mm (163 in)

Overall width : 2000 mm (78.7 in)

Overall height : 1070 mm (42 in)

Front track : 1536 mm (60.4 in)

Rear track : 1606 mm (63.2 in)

Ground clear. : 125 mm (5 in)

Front overhang : 933 mm (36.7 in)

Rear overhang : 757 mm (29.8 in)

Weight : 1490 kg (3284 Lbs)

Distribution : n.a. front / rear

Thanks for all the responses...I know how hight the original sits, just curious on what everyone was sitting at. Thanks again

I'm going with 5" on my Countach. I have 4.5" on my Cobra and my sidepipes often scrape on speedbumps.

do you have your countach started? is there a build thread? Im always interested

I've been meaning to start a build thread. I'm just starting. It took quite a long time to extract the v12 and harness from the bmw 750iL.