Thread: testarossa side strakes

testarossa side strakes

theres a guy from toronto on ebay with a complete set of side strakes for tr, they are factory parts and they are nice, he has each section posted individually and they are expensive ,he has 4 sections and has the buy it now up ,about $975 for each section,i cant afford them just thought i would pass it on ,theyre under ferrari parts and acc. exterior nobodys bidded on them yet. if anybody out there has any patterns for the side strakes i would like to buy some,i wasnt going to use them at first but ive changed my mind

Re:testarossa side strakes

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING PATTERNS FOR THEM, IF YOU GET THE FACTORY ONES THEY ARE NOT A BOLT ON ITEM AND WOULD HAVE TO BE SERIOUSLY MODIFIED TO WORK ON YOUR KIT (WAY NOT WORTH IT), I AM GOING TO MAKE CARDBOARD TEMPLATES FOR THE STRAKES FITTED TO THE KIT BODY AND THEN CUT THEM OUT OF METAL, THE FIRST, THIRD AND FIFTH WILL BE CUT OUT OF 48" ALUMINUM WIDE CURTAIN HOLDERS FROM HOME DEPOT (THEY ALREADY HAVE THE PERFECT ROLLED EDGES ON THEM) THE WIDER 2ND AND 4TH WILL BE SHEET STEEL WITH THE ROLLED EDGES HAMMERED OUT USING A DOWEL AND THE EXCESS CUT OFF, I INTEND TO HAVE THEM BE NEAR IDENTICAL TO THE ORIGINALS WITH THE HIDDEN FORWARD MOUNTS AND THEN THE SEVEN MOUNTING TABS BELOW THE STRAKES.

I made the patterns for the strakes from a tr in a body shop near me,i'm having them lazer cut from alum and made up to go with my ck-3 kit,out at the end of june,i don't know if they'll fit any other kits,but they're the same as stock,rolled edge staggered width,mounting tabs,and filled ends,"i serve no wine until it's time".
    MIKE

im in, do i need to sign anything