Thread: how to replicate doors of 348 or 512tr?

how to replicate doors of 348 or 512tr?

Hello, I see molds for the doors of f355, but how the doors of 348 or 512tr is make?

Regards

nobody know how do it?

Regards

Can be done all you need are the measurements.

the horizontal pieces are made from sheet metal, rolled at the edges to give them height. then, where the sheet metal touches the door of the car, a tab angles underneath to bolt it to the car. At the rear of the door, it's just a square piece of tubing that goes vertically through the sheet metal pieces, and bolts inside the door panel.

The quarter panel piece is similar, but toward the front outside of the sheetmetal is another piece of sheetmetal that curves inward as it goes rear (it's supposed to be an air duct). The the pieces are fiberglassed or mounted to a piece of metal or wood in front of the wheel well inside the quarter panel.

Hope that makes sense; hard to explain without a pic.

thanks for reply RHK. So this part is make in two step? First make the door as the F355 and after glue the horizontal pieces, is correct?

Regards

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. First the door panel should be taken from the mold, then test mount the door to the chassis and plan where the parts will go, keeping in mind where the door handle and lock cylinders will be. Then remove the fiberglass panel from the door, make the steel sidestrakes and attach them, then mount the door to the chassis.

Here's some pics of a 348 door trim and one pic of a testarossa trim piece for a little clarification. It's essentially the same setup as a 355 door with the vanes attached and a little flatter shape to the scoop.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Testarossa quarter panel trim (not the door piece, the piece further rearward.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i have a testarossa kit car ifc kit with out the side strakes can you help me biuld a set