Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

Should I get it?

97 Z28 Camaro

I know it doesn't run, but I can always trade a shell for one that does. The question is whether or not there's enough to work with. The absence of the engine makes me a little nervous about getting the front correct.

Opinions?

I was actually thinking more along the line of buying it, building and fitting a couple shells to it and trading one of them to Fauxerarri for his 97 Camaro.

No way in hell my project is going to look like that replica. Not that the replica isn't a good looking car, but for an Aventador look-alike, not even close.

My plan from the get go has been to take what Carkitinc did with their Mercy 4 and do an Aventador incarnation with higher quality, more carefully thought out features. Namely dealing with that pregnant front end and ugly hood problem.

CarKitInc- White Mercy-4 RT Black Wheels Installed - YouTube
    Last edited by ronin; 09-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.

can u give us an update on the taillights

Quote Originally Posted by ncrazyballa View Post
    can u give us an update on the taillights
    Yes. I've been focused on getting a doner so I can get the shell built before winter as I have to do everything outdoors save for the paint, lights and most of the interior. So I've been hunting for and picking up side work in stead of worrying about the tail light right now. It's not part of the original plan but merely doing the best I can with what I have to work with in unpredicted circumstances.

Right now I have half a dozen jobs I'm doing at the same time. In case you haven't noticed, I have had little time for the board in the last couple weeks. Haven't had any time for the tail light for the same reasons.

If I get this thing and it turns out to be what I need for the fitting, the tail light won't get touched again until probably November.
    Last edited by ronin; 09-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Go for it!! You need that shell to build and fit your kit

My camaro is waiting to trade once you have finished building an aventador kit for me (without pregnant front end !!)

LOL.

I talked to the guy. Says there's one person ahead of me but hasn't heard from him in a few days after being informed there's no engine. It looks like it's mine.

whats the deal with towing fees.

I'll see if I can't get a friend to tow it.

Either way, even $550 is allot better then any of the alternatives I've been looking at. And I can always scrap it later and get some of my $ back, though I may just keep it around for fitting future projects.

If you are going to use it only to fit and build the shell then I say go for it.
    Pedro