Thread: where does this connector go on fiero v6?

where does this connector go on fiero v6?

Someone removed my air filter unit on my v6 fiero and I see this connector hanging...yet I can't seem to find any unplugged connectors on the transmission or engine!

It's on the far left side - everything looks plugged in near the distributor cap-- see

Can anyone tell me what connector this is and where it's supposed to go? The car seems to run ok without it , but it does die out at low speed reversing and need to keep foot on the gas
    Last edited by Fauxrrari; 09-18-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Wheres it coming from and what color are the wires out of it? looks like the contruder valve.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

It is your air temperature sensor wire by the look of it. There will be a small sensor on the air intake around the air filter. If I recall it threads into the air filter canister.

Sounds right because As I said , my whole stock air filter assembly was removed (actually stolen)

I now am using a polished aluminum cold air intake off eBay . There are holes in the aluminum tube (I'm assuming to install a sensor ?)

Should I buy some kind of sensor and install it in the cold air tube? Or Will the car run fine without it?

Anyone know What's the part number for the sensor ?
    Last edited by Fauxrrari; 09-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.

The computer is looking for the inout from that sensor. Your fuel and drivability will not be 100%
    Just thread it in anywhere in the intake system. You can even glue it into a rubber hose.

GM part numbers
    1985-87 SENSOR, manifold air temp 25036751
    1988 SENSOR, manifold air temp 25037225

Thanks !!
    So do I even need to put it in the intake tract (does it need the vacuum ) or can I just put it in a spare piece of rubber hose and point it down low by the old air inlet location?

Is there any advantage in "tricking " it to see colder (or hotter) temps than the actual intake air temp?
    Last edited by Fauxrrari; 09-18-2012 at 06:42 PM.

IT does not need to see vacuum. It does want to see air rushing past it.

Jim, you the man ! -Vinny
    Remember, there is always next year.