Thread: what kind of weatherstrip, seals, or trimming do people use for kit cars?

what kind of weatherstrip, seals, or trimming do people use for kit cars?

im looking for a weatherstrip that connects 2 edges of fiberglass parts. do these types of weatherstripping exist? for example, the interior roof skin edge can connect to the top door well/ recess edge, as long as the edges match up in one of the types below. (blue is the seal, black are the edges of the parts)

this one i would imagine work for joining 2 edges that run parallel. and has a seal attached to it on one side. could work for joining the edge of the door wells to any interior edges

im still modeling the door wells and glass trim so i would like to design it around a practical solution instead of just trying to figure it out later.

actually, what im really asking is, how do kit car builders attach the outer shell edges around the glass trim and door wells to the interior panels, such as interior roofskin, interior quarters and kick panels

I am not really sure what you are asking but normally when two hard parts come together they are bonded along a flange (fiberglass construction) or welded (steel panels). The rubber seals are for assemblies that move, like a door or drop side glass, etc.
    If you can attach a sketch or photo showing the area you are curious about, it might be possible to help more with sections.

I know this awesome paint shop in mesa, Az called space age paints. They got two rolls of seals all kinds. I usually will buy 10-20 feet of different types.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016