Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not much successful builds ?

Question not much successful builds ?

I just turned 18. I want to build a kit car. I learn real fast and my dad and father in law are both auto mechanics and know stuff about body work and painting cars. I do not know a single thing about what these people are talking about on here like upgrading engines and stuff. I definitely do not know how to build a kit car just from a chassis.. Isn't there an easier way to possibly make one of these? Like putting on a body kit is simple... why cant there just be kits to put on your car like take off the bumper and put on a lambo bumper or something and do it to the whole car... I want to build a replica and how should i go about doing that? no i do not just want to buy one completed. pardon my bad English

It's a big job. Even putting a on a body kit is NOT simple and that's only the beginning. Good luck though. For some of us it's fun. Some of us just finally give up.

have a look at these, these kits are almost what you are looking for I.e. remove all body panels and replace with the kit....watch the build videos to see how easy it can be!

http://www.dnaautomotive.com/

the build videos can be found on this forum

DNA Owners Club

for a body kit to actiually look like a good replica, it should have a donor car with close to perfect dimentions. wheelbase should be the same, width sould be the same, height should be the same. 90% of the people base a replica on a mr2 or fiero. wich have to be cut up and welded back together with an extension to make the wheelbase the same as the original. otherwise it would look extremely fake. so just a bolt on replica body kit just isnt possible

cheack out the pics in this link then! ones the real deal

Stoneleigh 2/3 May 2010 (Sun/Mon)

do yous know of any new exotic four seating convertibles?.. Thanksdratts1 I would actually find it quite fun. Thanks phils99 Ive been researching about dna for quite some time and from what ive seen and heard they are good. Thank mr.k yeah that clears some things up and actually makes sense I don't think I was really thinking when I thought that you could just put the kit on a fiero by bolting it. See I cant just go about thinking off the top of my head on how to do these things. Like I would need a tutorial or something. I dont understand where all the people come up with there dimensions and stuff like that and what to do... If I knew step by step Id fly right through. I've searched like through out the whole internet it feels like and I couldn't find any tutorials but Id find some sites that would have kits and a lot of them are fake so I'm like all over the place lol. That's why I have came to this forum to try and get some knowledge from people that already have been successful in what I'm trying to do. I must say I thought I would of seen much more good replicas NO OFFENCE too anyone like when I was looking up the reventon I was surprised to see that only one person did it well (Katana -something like that) but I might be mistaken and missed some. I'm kind of happy knowing that there's less because if there wern't there would be to many people driving them. I know that once I figure out how to do these things that I will make an incredible body kit.. But till then day I'm going to have to say I know nothing.... @dna automotive All of those looked incredible!!. Does anyone Know anything about this white car in the link? like who made it and like what kind of kit and donor and stuff Id love to have that Gallery / Photos - Newark Kit Car Show

DNA is the only kit that is step by step

All other kits , especially lambos, you are essentially building a car from scratch

No instructions or guide

quinkers, DNA tutorials can be found here....4thirty fitting video
    the DNA forum is fantastic, look through some of the build threads (Lord Beany and Beemamans in particular), they might as well be a step by step guide on how to build the DNA 430!

I have met a few guys with these cars and they are amazing......

I, like you, don't have the fabricating skills that the brilliant guys on here have, but I want to drive an amazing car that I put together, to me DNA is MY perfect solution as its a doable kit that almost anyone can achieve, this is proved by the number of DNA's that are on the road...AND it does not alter the structure of the donor in any way!

But as with everything, they are not everybodys cup of tea.....

Join the DNA forum and let the guys know that you wish to see one up close, they will all offer you a chance as they are great guys, even DNA will meet you at the workshop and show you round, they are based in Birmingham.

Regards
    Phil

These cars are not easy or cheap to build. The cars have become more complicated and look better then the kits of yesterday. The only advantage we have now is the internet.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016