Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F355 tailights

F355 tailights

Mine are wired in backwords,anyone have the schematics?

Without looking at your car's setup, couldn't you just move the plugs from the one tail light to the other? If you don't have the two element bulb in the correct tail light to do this, maybe you could just swap the tail lights around and hook them up so they are correct?

Its a little more complicated then that.I dont need to remove the lights to rewire them so my question is how many bulbs are in each light and how many are dual filament?Are all 4 lights the same?

The signals and brake lights are revered on the car but the back up lights are accurate.When I put on the parking lights all 4 light.Ok so i reversed them and now the signals and brake lights are accurate but I have to relocate the back up lights and make sure the parking lights are on the out side only.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Skrilla000; 10-17-2012 at 01:47 AM.

All 4 of the tail lights have different part numbers. The two inside lights should be the only ones with the correct fittings for bulbs in the center. The outside two have just a reflector in the center (on the OEM setup). Is your's set up this way as well?
    If it is, you might try swapping the lights around to get them in the spots you need, but it might, or might not, look a little different. You'll just have to see.

post some pics to help us see what it is your talking about.

Ok Ill have of Thursday to play around,thanks for the help.

Since you guys are talking about this. I could use some help myself. Assuming the 430s are probably similar to the 355 in regards to what light is supposed to do what. I will be starting my wiring soon and would like to know what light should light up for the different functions. Taillights, brake, turn signals, and reverse. Can someone help?
    Thanks

Do a search on one of my older posts,the answer lies there.

Ok heres how the tailights work.The inside lights are only brake lights and the center white light is the back up lights.The outside are the parking lights and signals.Having that said my lights were reversed meaning my outside lights were the brake lights and the inside were the signals which looked wierd plus when you put my parking lights on all 4 light up as opposed to only the outer 2.After some careful switching,rewiring I got them all set up except for the back up lights which I will wire tomorrow.If you like I can post up a video.