Thread: Gauges help

Gauges help

I would love to have transparent gauges found one company but they don't offer off the shelf products I've seen some clocks with transparent display but don't know if you can change the controller to show speed or RPMs instead of clock im on iPad so I can't post pictures here is a link To their website and a youtube link

Transparent Electroluminescent (EL) Displays | Planar

YouTube - Transparent Electroluminescent Display

Guys any help is appreciated

I've been wondering if you could use a tablet with the right programming and some creative device input. But haven't pursued it much beyond a daydream. I would love to have the Star Trek look too!

Hi dwheeler

Don't know if it helps, but i'm trying an Android pad with a 'dash commander' app for my display. It plugs directly in to cars OBD11 port and replicates everything that the dash displays and a whole lot more. I've yet to try it without the original dash, but don't envisage any issues. ?????
    The other advantage is there are people that can configure the display to whatever you want :-) :-)

It's looking like this is advertised as being the display for the new Dodge Dart. Maybe you could use those somehow. Although, the android app would be easier, it's not exactly what you asked for. Sounds awesome though.

I knew that i could use any lcd disply with dashcommand but they all look cheap i actually found what i was looking for they call it HUD heads up display most of them are projections on the windshield but there are some electronic ones