Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 355 seat installation

Ferrari 355 seat installation

I have a pair of nice leather OEM 355 seats I would like to install in my Fiero. Anyone know of a link on how to do this?
    thanks,

1.Take out the old Fiero seats. 2.Rest the new seats inside the Fiero (not secured), sit in the car to verify that the seat hight isnt too high or too low.3. Asumeing the seats are going to work fine. You are going to want to measure the,seat studs,comeing out of the floor,now that you have measure them on both sides, add an extra 1\2 inch (because of carpeting and padding, this will be your Carrage bolt length (Home Depo or Bolt supply house, for Carrage Bolts).4.Position the seats,trying farward and revese, untill you find the desired location.5.Take a drop of model paint, and paint each seat hole (4 holes per seat),let DRY THROUGHLY.Driil the holes,to the same size as the Carrage bolts (through the floor pan), use a file and slightly squared off each hole (SLIGHTLY).The new bolts can be Tac welded (if your lazy,then dont,hold in place by hand while tightening), use caution,if welding, you dont want the carpet or padding to catch fire, you can pour water on each area befor welding and for safety, allways have a garden hose handy.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Hmmmm. That would be the ticket if the mounting points were like the Fiero. The mounting on the OEM 355 looks like it requires some type of adapter bracket. I'm going to try to post some pics soon to show what I'm up against. Thanks

355 seat install

Here's a pic of the runner on the 355 seat....unlike the 4 holes that slide over the 4 bolts on the Fiero. Will probably weld an L bracket to the front hook but not sure how to do the back. From the attached schematic it is unclear to me how the back mounts to that bracket ( I don't have the bracket and have never seen an actual 355 mount)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

here's the schematic

First heat the mounting tab with a thin flame and bend the mounting tab flat on the OEM seat. Ferrari's have a different type of mounting than a Fiero.

On my build I also needed to rework the floor panel to make enough room for the larger OEM seat. After removing the fuel tank I cut out the area I needed to change.

I then formed a new piece with a sharp corner to allow the seat track to properly mount to the floor.

The Front seat mounts on my build ended up on top of the support rail where the old seats used to attach to. I needed to add new studs since the fiero ones were in the wrong place.

Hope this helps a little. Hopefully your 355 seats are not as wide as the 430s.

It came out good in the end. It was just a pain in the butt having to remove the fuel tank and etc.

Wow! What a task that was. Would love to see the final result pic for extra motivation. Thanks