Thread: Caddy engine conversion

Caddy engine conversion

I found this on kitcar.cc Thought some of you might be interested if your building a long wheelbase Lambo with a different engine. It is from Mike Vetter, Coco, Florida.

This is a ONE of a Kind V8 Fiero car, ready for an awesome new kit car body. It can be driven as it is, and I have, there are lights and everything. the absolute best thing about this V8 conversion is there are NO CUSTOM PARTS- NO ADAPTER PLATE - NO CUSTOM AXEL- NOT ONE SINGLE PART CAN NOT BE EASILY REPLACED BY ANY GM MECHANIC. What I have done is purchased a 1985 Cadillac Seville, which ran perfect, No oil burning, or dripping, No smoking, No noises. This is an excellent motor so it sounds AWESOME, healthy to say the least. The automatic transmission is stock, so are the axels, so are the brakes, Stock from the Cadillac that is, so they are more then strong enough for the light Fiero. The radiator is in its stock Cadillac position, so there are no long water lines running up and down the car, No chance of getting air in the system and overheating the car, which is an added major bonus. There are dual cooling fans in the rear in front of the radiator, We have added dual adjustable coil overs in the rear so you can adjust the ride height and stiffness. The Fiero condenser is used so the ac part is all kept stock Fiero, except the Cadillac compressor, which the lines hooked up straight to the Fiero lines, with no problems. The computer is used from the Cadillac to run the fuel injection. It is the stock 1985 Seville motor and basically the entire front end, welded to the rear of the 2000 pound Fiero. YES IT MOVES, YES IT IS SMOOTH AS GLASS, unlike those v8 kits with the steel on steel motor mounts- Not this car! You have no idea there is a V8 back there until you hit the gas and feel it and hear it.

This is a custom built Fiero with a Cadillac front engine, front wheel drive setup in the rear. It is ready for a El Demone kit, as the wheel base is 104 inches. This car starts up every time you hit the key, You do not even have to give it any gas, Not to mention it will do the same when it is hot or cold. It is reliable and runs and drives great, Brakes great, and suspension is great. The front is lowered 2 1/2 inches, the rims are 17 inch chrome rims,, And they do spin out nicely.

He can be contacted at: KitCarMike@mac.com

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Re:Caddy engine conversion

Wow, thats amazing. Maybe the same can be done with a Northstar setup.

Very slick, but how in the heck do you get air through the radiator without bolting a "cow catcher" to the bottom?
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

If you put a Lambo body on this car, the venting will provide enough air to the proper places. It looks like there is about 8 inches between the Fiero and the front of the Caddy radiator. I have not attempted this so it might be better to refer that question to Mike Vetter. The beauty is the engine faces the correct direction. An Olds Toronado will be similar to this set up as well. See rockcrawl's web site for a conversion Jon did on his car.

Dave

That would be a 135 hp 4.1

That thing sure looks mean with the back off .Im sure someone could get creative and stuff a northstar back there, with a big intake and breather on the roof. Like you see on the mclaren and then fabricate a cool rearend and bumper in no time.

The Northstar solution hooked to a Porsche 5 speed has crossed my mind. But then again, where do you stop spending cash and start driving. The 355 will be really out of style by the time I could do one. I like the 3800 with the turbo set up. Although I have most of the parts for the turbo, I will be driving it bone stock this year.

Dave