Thread: Fiero radiator HELP please!

Fiero radiator HELP please!

Fiero radiator issues

I took my car on a short ride this weekend and discovered my radiator is leaking and is in need of a replacement. (bummer) What do you guys recommend for a replacement? I have a 3.4 DOHV motor installed and thinking maybe I should consider something with a little more cooling capacity than a stock unit. I can get a stock replacement for about $100.00. I also see ebay sellers offer 2 or 3 core units for $150 + as well.
    Any suggestions?

I think there is an ebay unit by Champion that a lot of the Fiero guys are starting to use. Price was supposed to be pretty decent, too. I just read a post a PFF that someone was going to become a Champion distributor, just don't recall who...

Go for the bigger radiator. Certainly can't hurt...

Bob

Found it... http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/063768.html

and more info: http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/098899.html
    Last edited by RCR; 10-29-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Thanks Bob - I'll start reading through the posts.

Looks like the Champion unit may be the way to go. There web site has them for about $200.00. Ouch! Anyone know of a better deal?

I have a stock good radiator. It came out of an 88 formula Automatic V6..
    I am not sure if it will help u or not but if u want it let me know. Where u located at?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Looks like the Champion unit may be the way to go. There web site has them for about $200.00. Ouch! Anyone know of a better deal?
    I sent you a PM. Bart

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Fiero radiator issues

I took my car on a short ride this weekend and discovered my radiator is leaking and is in need of a replacement. (bummer) What do you guys recommend for a replacement? I have a 3.4 DOHV motor installed and thinking maybe I should consider something with a little more cooling capacity than a stock unit. I can get a stock replacement for about $100.00. I also see ebay sellers offer 2 or 3 core units for $150 + as well.
    Any suggestions?
    I have a 3800SC with 4 speed automatic trans - use a stock fiero (brass) radiator with the integral trans cooler. i drive in los angeles in summer with the A/C on MAX and have not had a problem. If you want to spend the money on other things, a good stock radiator will probably do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Corson008 View Post
    I have a 3800SC with 4 speed automatic trans - use a stock fiero (brass) radiator with the integral trans cooler. i drive in los angeles in summer with the A/C on MAX and have not had a problem. If you want to spend the money on other things, a good stock radiator will probably do just fine.
    Good to know - thanks!

I have a four core copper radiator from Archie that has never been used and that I don't need, but I couldn't ship it for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1 View Post
    I have a four core copper radiator from Archie that has never been used and that I don't need, but I couldn't ship it for that price.
    Don, I might take it off your hands if you could drop it by Joe's for when he does my LS4 swap. Drop me a P.M., either here or PFF if you want to sell it and what you would like for it.

Will