Thread: Need Help with Clutch for a 350 and Fiero 5 speed Transmission

Need Help with Clutch for a 350 and Fiero 5 speed Transmission

All...

So I finally got my Diablo 60 from IFG after several years (NOT HAPPY) any way the clutch is bad and needs to be replaced.. It has a SBC 350 with either a Isuzu or a Getrag 5 speed (Standard Fiero Transmission). What are my options? If I want to buy a standard clutch, how should I ask for the part say at “Advance Auto” or “NAPA” (for what car what year or what part #)
    If I want to go with performance clutch, what options are there and what is recommended?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Thank You
    CCIE

IFG in Chino? i didnt know they were still around.

Congratulations on getting your car from IFG. The only thing that is more work that building a kit car is to have someone else build one.

I do not think that the stock clutch will hold up to a 350. I do not have first hand experience with V8s and Fieros, but since you are putting almost double the torque through the transmission, I would go a bit lower on the clutch. I would rather blow a clutch than a transmission. Again, I have not dealt with this positive problem, so I yield to others who have.

Here is some information on clutches and torque rating.
    West Coast Fiero Upgrade Performance Parts

Brastic.... Thank You. I did not have them built it for me it was actually the IFG show car... I bought it from IFG and finally got it transported home, there were some small items that needed to be changed

TwilightZ..... IFG is now ACG They are now building Gulf carts... Ray is awesom, He has some of the most amazing gulf carts arround and does business all over the world. I bought out all the remaining Lambo replica inventory from IFG including there show car.

Thank You
    CCIE