Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Engine Infiniti Concept

Adrian, funny we're on this topic as I just called New York Motor Vehicles today for their information package to register a homemade vehicle. I put off asking key questions until after the info arrived in the mail and I read it over. The big question is, assuming you're using the set-up you described above, Fiero tub and the rest is tube chassis, Where is the point of no return for the build that the car become a 'Special Construction' title or whatever they call it? My thoughts are it is the cowl where the vin# is riveted at the top left dash. If that's gone on your donor, and you have the Fiero title to turn in, maybe you qualify for the special assigned vin#. There are benefits that come along with the special titled car such as lower Kit Car Insurance Rates.
    Remember, there is always next year.

Mine is a complete custom, so the suggestion that I spoke of is not a road that I have traveled but I know that it can be done. However I know that the original vin can be replaced at any time you have to do that via the state police and each state is different but you have to have the documentation to prove that is isnt stolen.

I am of the opinion that if you go that far a donor doesnt make sense.

Here's a builder logging his Toyota/Lexus to Audi Trans conversion with drawings.

Toyota 1UZ-FE Engine to Audi 012 Transmission (Porsche G86) Adapter Drawings. | 1TG - Design & Build of the One Tonne Guerilla
    Remember, there is always next year.

Hi Onewickedsvt, this is the guy that built mine all up for flywheel /adaptor etc was about $1400 if I remember right, he probably still has the drawings in his computer so should be cheaper to do again.

PRECISION ENGINEERING
    9 /b airborne road Albany Auckland nz
    ask for Geoff

i bought an adaptor from eric took longer then i was told but everything arrived

I can see pros and cons on both sides tube chassis and using infiniti as donor but in my opinion tube chassis would be much cleaner build
    Last edited by Quso; 01-10-2013 at 09:24 AM.

My dream is to create simple mid engine tube chassis for transverse setup from honda or acura 3.5 with 6spd suspension could be c4 corvette I wonder if that woud be economical
    Last edited by Quso; 01-10-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Chris Hatfield at BNC Products made an Audi 01E adapterplate for my Lexus 1uzfe. I think the price was around 1100 or 1200 aud.

Quote Originally Posted by Quso View Post
    My dream is to create simple mid engine tube chassis for transverse setup from honda or acura 3.5 with 6spd suspension could be c4 corvette I wonder if that woud be economical
    Take a look at this. http://www.grabercars.com/

the car looks like Its missing something