Thread: Tesla roadster

Tesla roadster

Thinking of bidding on the damaged roadster that is listed on eBay for $34,950. Does the right rear damage look too expensive? The wheel looks ok in the picture so I'm thinking that there might not be suspension damage. I know that they have very advanced (expensive) frames.

I think that is actually a Lotus Elise platform and if so it is an aluminum frame. It is bonded rather than welded together so repairs might not be easy. Buy with caution.

Exactly! I backed off a sale of a really pretty Elise for that reason. Looking further on eBay tesla roadsters I found an electric supercharger that fits tesla for less than $20. Wow! A supercharged electric car!

Supercharger for an electric car? Can you post the auction link? I think superchargers require an air-fuel mixture to benefit the car. Fully electric cars don't utilize air or liquid fuel.

It's a gimmick

Those electric supercharger on eBay are nothing more than a piece of plastic pipe with a fan inside them , they mount behind your air filter

And you can't even mount them on an electric car since there's no air intake !!

Guys the reference to an electric supercharger for an electric car was a joke! I know how superchargers work and I know how electric motors work. It was listed on eBay as fits tesla though. You can come up with a thousand hits when searching tesla on eBay. I don't know why eBay puts up with this nonsense. You have to sort through all this garbage when seriously looking for what you want. In thiscase I thought that it was so ridiculous that it would bring a laugh from you.

It made me giggle.