Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mclaren monocoque chassis pictures.

Mclaren monocoque chassis pictures.

i went to the autoshow here in chicago. there was a mclaren monocoque chassis on display. it was sitting in the middle of a section that was roped off for exotics. about 30 feet away was the closest you could get. i got a security gaurd watching the rope to snap some upclose pictures for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

mclaren continued
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    SWEET ... i wonder what that would cost if they sold it at that stage of completion
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Probably not very cheap at all...Looks great.

You can get a very nice chassis which is an all aluminum semi monocoque setup from SuperLite Cars Made in the USA, Engineered to Win on the Street and Track by Race Car Replicas

not cheap but veryyyy nice!
    Last edited by onewickedsvt; 02-17-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Superlite does not sell separate chassis.....only chassis and body combo !!

Correct we dont...to a point....as the chassis/suspension is designed specfically for our bodies its not something we can tailor for a body we dont have access to....this also prevents our products being copied too easily. We do have International legal IP protection in place though but even so , better safe than sorry.

We dont use donor components for the same reason , many OEM companies make great parts but they designed for their production car and may not function completely as desired.

Our SLC has competely bespoke components and has proven to be able to race and beat most any production car we have come across on track from Ferraris to Vipers, including full on Daytona Prototype race cars.

We do build one off chassis and suspension packages when our schedule allows...We have just completed 15 such running driving units in 8 weeks for a new Dreamworks movie actually....but they provided full CAD models of the bodies that we then imported into the chassis build process.

We spend a lot of time on FEA during our design process to keep our cars strong and safe in the event of crash situations..
    Last edited by RCRFRAN; 02-18-2013 at 02:48 PM.

My apologies I was surely misinformed. My sincere apologies. Sorry for any confusion guys.

i am glad that was cleared up. That is one sweet chassis though. I wish the body has a updated version and one with full functioning wwindows, covered pillars and hidden door hinges. Too bad Stacy from gears has not finished the kit yet.

nevertheless it is still an amazing machine.
    Last edited by onewickedsvt; 02-18-2013 at 07:33 PM.

No problem,

we do have a full interior package in various stages from fiberglass to full carbon interior...once installed none of the roll cage is visible at all...this is done for our overseas compliance markets too .
    The exterior hinge is due to the compound curve of the windshield...if you check out the Mclaren F1 and the Saleen S7 you will see they have a similar issue but they put a slice through the body surface and have a hatchett wound type slot to make their doors function
    There are two window options already available and again due to the aero packaging of the car there is no way for a compound curve window to retract into the door...again check out cars like the EB110, Mcl F1, Spyker, Gumpert Apollo...they all have compromised window packaging due to the door restrictions...doesnt stop them all being "supercars" ...

Thanks for the compliments though ...we are pretty darn pround of whats its capable of doing...

Dont give up on Stacey yet....the new season will bring much more ....he knows how to keep his audence coming back for more...trust me.

No disrespect, you surely are a supercar!