Thread: New guy lookingto build a kit car. some questions :D

New guy lookingto build a kit car. some questions :D

Hey all,

My name is Craig and I am an auto tech and have built several tuner based cars. My best was my FC rx7 TII I built for drifting. Anyways, Time for me to step up my game and dive into a kit. I really like the Revention style but I have decided to go with a Murcielago. Who has had the best luck with what kits? I have read up on some build threads, and some of the other threads but see so much different info it made my eyes hurt lol.

Does anyone daily drive their cars? any issues with state inspections or registration? Anyone done a rotary based powerplant? Also, how much fab work is needed to the donor car after the stretch?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Craig

Try to contact member name...Murci Me. He has the best lp640 in the states

Yes. I second that, contact MurciMe.
    Also, make a table of All possibilities any donor can offer Stock and with a few mods. Check out all possible Kit makers - there seem to be 5 makers.
    Assign a possible budget and visit lamboclone.com for particular Lambo kit issues & parts.

Keep us posted we like builds & pics

Thanks much for the info. I did see Murci Me video of his car. Man is that sweet!!! Ill check out that other site also.

Any other input folks? I promise to contribute as much as I can once i dive into this project!!!

What state & city u from craig - that sometimes matters when it comes to inspections & rules.

Welcome Craig, it depends on what your budget it is. PM me for more information.
    Last edited by lambojayso; 02-22-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Easy does it.

Am33r. I live in Pittsburgh Pa. I am a state certified safety inspector so I know most of the regs for "kit cars" or "street rods" for what PA calls them. I just need to research some more info on actual titling for said car.

lambojayso, I am exploring the possibility of building a custom chassis versus the cost of stretching a Fiero, building the support for the new body, and all the other mods to house a swapped engine/tranny and upgraded suspension. I will shoot ya a PM once I get the ball rolling on my build budget.