Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 355 Replica Engine Cover

355 Replica Engine Cover

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to make a replica engine cover the my 355 replica and have a question. Does anyone know the diameter of the air intake tubes (See Pic)? I really appreciate your help.

Kent
    Attached Images Attached Images  

let me see the finished product

Yeah a lot of us would be interested in seeing .

I should be more clear about this before people get too excited. This will not be an exact copy by any means. I am collecting junk yard parts and making parts where I need to. In the end I hope to have something that looks similar but not exact. Hopefully someone has access to a 355 to take some measurements for me!

Kent

I'll measure my OEM ones tomorrow and post the details for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent50 View Post
    I should be more clear about this before people get too excited. This will not be an exact copy by any means. I am collecting junk yard parts and making parts where I need to. In the end I hope to have something that looks similar but not exact. Hopefully someone has access to a 355 to take some measurements for me!

Kent
    I have an OEM set of these and will measure them for you. I'll post the measurements here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jntramey View Post
    I have an OEM set of these and will measure them for you. I'll post the measurements here tomorrow.
    Can I ask another favor? It would really be nice if you could measure the length and width of the air box tops and the length and width of the finned center top cover as well. I REALLY appreciate your help!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Kent50 View Post
    Can I ask another favor? It would really be nice if you could measure the length and width of the air box tops and the length and width of the finned center top cover as well. I REALLY appreciate your help!

Kent

Don't have the OEM center piece with the power steering fluid cap and expansion tank, the one I made for my replica cover was 15.5" from top (where power steering fluid cap is) to bottom of cover. There is an indented area on the bottom edge in the center, to clear the oil filter on this piece. I did not deduct for that measurement. 15.5" is overall length of the center piece.

The air boxes are 13" x 8" each not including the flanges for the hoses.
    The bottom Y pipe with the airflow sensor is 4" dia. and the top Y pipes are 3.5" dia.
    The top "face" of the air box is 4" tall, the bottom is 1.5" tall but much more slanted (almost 2" not counting the slant differential).
    Last edited by jntramey; 02-26-2013 at 06:13 PM.