Thread: Creating new kit 612 scaglietti **help**

Creating new kit 612 scaglietti **help**

Hi Guys,

For some reason I can't post with my other login so I had to create this one so that I could post this question but any whoooo,

Firstly just wanted to say how much I enjoy this forum and my wife would probably be a lot happier if i never had found it, muhahahaha

I am in the process of creating a 612 Scaglietti for a hyundai tiburon, I have to say user: ArashB has been a god send in regards to this, without him I don't think I would get has as far as we should be, but what I wanted to know before I go any further, I plan on creating the kit like the dna and dave jones/xisco src kits, for example i want the fibreglass body to be able to be bolted onto the existing body how do i go about creating the kit so that the inside of it bolts on to the existing body.

I know that some creators sculpt the kits on top of the existing car that way when they pull off the foam the inner side which would essentially bolt onto the existing car is already there ready for them to create the fibreglass kit so that it bolts on to the existing car.

how would i do this without foam on top of the car, I am cnc'ing the mould from a 3d model, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ArashB is an awesome source here yes.
    Glad to see someone taking a shot at this ferrari
    So, Did you consider Wheelbase and general dimentions and proportions (with proportions I mean does the donor vehicle provide the long-hood look? etc. what is your general idea considering these factors?

Take off the panels from the tubiron and 3d scan the car. Then model your kit ontop that so it bolts up

Quote Originally Posted by am33r View Post
    ArashB is an awesome source here yes.
    Glad to see someone taking a shot at this ferrari
    So, Did you consider Wheelbase and general dimentions and proportions (with proportions I mean does the donor vehicle provide the long-hood look? etc. what is your general idea considering these factors?
    Yeah ArashB is awesome,

The look of the car will be similar but not to proportion in regards to the long hood look etc, with vehicles in Australia the problem is that there are so many Australian Design Rules extending the front of the vehicle to give the car a longer look etc is not possible, the only way would be to individually manufacture turnkeys and they would have to be done by the independent person building them who purchases them, for example they sell ford gt40 exact replicas, but cant build them for you or help with the process the sellers can only act as a source of help, and the costs are through the roof, people spend anywhere from 100k to 200k building one of those, so its not that often that people build kits like that, the only decent car kits that have been created in Australia or Built which are cheap are the extreme style 355 mr2 kits, and due to the low number of these around the cost to purchase one from someone who built it, is around 50k or so from what I have seen.

In regards to your answer ncrazyballa, I am not too sure what you mean I was thinking of producing the panels then lining them up to the tiburon and editing then creating molds from the edited panels, not sure if that makes sense but any help is appreciated.

And thank you both am33r and ncrazyballa for replying.

Thanks for the compliments!
    This first picture shows the newly stretched panels that I infused to fit the dimensions of the donor. It would need a new wheel arch to bumper panel modeled which is beyond my quick play skills.
    http://i.imgur.com/yqfA8Ai.jpg

here is an overview of the results
    http://i.imgur.com/D9Du0Pu.jpg

album of pictures of the finishing progress
    imgur: the simple image sharer

I sent most of the working models, I have my personal project to help any further. One way to patch the model up, which is still experimental for me, would be to find a model with a similar long bumper curve, wheel arch and to insert it into the messy section and use a patch program called Topogun to create new topology and smooth out the model. Or you can ask the modeler in the latest F70 threads that could help or contract someone from the following forums. SMCars

To create exterior CNC panels to size, you'll need to make sure the donor 3D model is the exact measure dimension to the life size model and the overlapping Ferrari panels that would get carved out should then be to size... but Im not talking from experience.

You may also need to have the model modified to fit your new donor headlights.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

ArasB u r the man.......

Thank you so much dude i can not thank you enough for your hard work!