Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V12 + transmission

Question V12 + transmission

I was wondering will Porche boxster s 3.2 transmission, be enough strong to take Mercedes M120 engine? Or does anyone have a good tips what would be a good transmission? I am starting later to build a chassis, and this would be my mid-engine setup.

The 6-speed from the Boxster S and Cayman should be good for up to around 500 HP or maybe a little more. A lot depends on how you drive it.

I was going to go with that transmission if I ever did it again. It should be fine but don't ever shock it!

This 6-speed from Boxster S, is driven 108tkm. So mayby it needs some update, but I think the price is reasonable: 1400€. Its our local Porche racing company who is selling this. I am more afraid, does it handle the V12 torque. Reason why I would like to use this gearbox, is that its already mid-engine, 6-speed, and cable shift from the side.
    Last edited by Tantukka; 03-18-2013 at 07:13 AM.

search around for info on the Audi A5 diesel (3.0ltr?) box. Very nice AND the driveshafts hang out the bell housing
    D

My understanding is the porsche boxster box is made by audi/vw. Look on you tube for a guy called sam h, he is running a standard a6 box (same as boxster) with 734bhp bmw v12 engine and four turbos in a dc supercars diablo roadster replica. He has covered over 10,000 miles and has been over 200mph.

The Audi and Porsche Boxster/Cayman transmissions are mostly made by Getrag.

The A6 gearbox is stamped with VW!!!!!! at least in the UK, as is the boxster!!!

Im using this tranny with LS1

where you will find an adaptor plate for m120?

Does anyone has experience of making paddle shift for Audi A6 automatic transmission? As I have still think what option I would use in my project.. Engine will be, BMW or MB V12..