Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tread pattern effecting my alignment?

Tread pattern effecting my alignment?

Guys, stung lines and drove the car to find it still was not quite correct. Playing with the rear alignment I could correct the pulling effect, but it didn't sit well with me. Plan on taking it into a shop to be done on a rack. It occurred to me that the tires I bought were from the UK (they drive on the wrong side of the road). I believe I recall reading that these 345/35/15's are course corrected for the tilt in the road. Could it be my issue? Shot a video if this does not make sense.

i doubt it. but im not an expert.

Adjusting rear camber or toe will have no effect on a pulling condition. It will however change the steering wheel position. Front caster is higher on the right side to account for the road crown. I've never heard if tires being made for different for left or right hand drive and I have been working at a Goodyear dealer for the past 15 years.

With tires that wide they will tram line.

I think you have two of the same side tires, unless I am mistaken the tread pattern is side dependant. That will effect water evacuation and tread life, I dont think it will bother the alignment though

Those look like Pirellis to me. They should have stamped into the tire "Inner " or "outer". This tire can be mounted on either side of the car.

Here is a better explaination, the tires should be mounted on the correct side of the car that is why they are/ should be stamped inner and outter

What Are The Differences Between Asymmetrical And Directional Tires? - YouTube

This is wyh when the P Zero hit the market they were so flippin expensive you had to have 2 molds for each tire size

Rotation is correct and the outer is on the correct side. Wonder if anyone else has these and if the patterns the same? They are the latest Pirellis all that's available in this size.

Are those tires asymmetrical and directional? That's the only way that can be left or right only. Whatever they are first start with an alignment before driving or you will have to buy new ones real soon.
    Last edited by jrule78; 04-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 88.5countach View Post
    Rotation is correct and the outer is on the correct side. Wonder if anyone else has these and if the patterns the same? They are the latest Pirellis all that's available in this size.
    If you notice the treads are reversed, the "outer" will be on the correct side even with the tire on the wrong side, so it looks like you have 2 right side tires....