Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serial numbers

Serial numbers

Does anyone know where ALL the serial numbers are on a stock Fiero, other than the dash plate? And, is anyone aware of of a way the licensing authorities can identify the original Fiero vin by plugging into something under the dash ( computer maybe ) I will elaborate on the questions if anyone is interested. steve

on steel frame support for the steering column under the front speaker is a rivited plate if that area is still intact.... but no way to plug into computer to ID...
    please elaborate.. curiosity...lol
    1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
    1985 Fiero GT Northstar
    1985 Fiero GT 3800

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrown View Post
    on steel frame support for the steering column under the front speaker
    Can you please take a pic of where to look for this ?

Remove front dr side speaker. there is a support from the driver a-pillar to the steering column, it is on top of it.. the plate is almost directly below the speaker.... with dash in you may have to view through windshield ... I have a parts car with dash removed and will try to get a pick up for you today...

... well guess if you have a replica you probably don't have stock dash,,, or plate could have been cut out... anyways will get pic posted...
    Last edited by Jbrown; 04-28-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
    1985 Fiero GT Northstar
    1985 Fiero GT 3800

Looking to steal one?

1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
    1985 Fiero GT Northstar
    1985 Fiero GT 3800

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedsvt View Post
    Looking to steal one?
    Lol hopefully if going to steal a car, steal one more valuable than a fiero...
    1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
    1985 Fiero GT Northstar
    1985 Fiero GT 3800

LOL

Camaros and Firebirds as well as many other GM cars have the number stamped in the firewall under the AC case seal. I'll bet Fieros do too

Serial numbers

Ok, I will tell you where I am going with this: some of you on the Forum may remember my 3 year saga to import into Mexico my F40 replica with the Quebec Canada serial number on it, assigned when it was converted in 1996 . The serial number is neither Fiero, or Ferrari, but the registration (Canadian version of title) says Ferrari F 40. the car spent 3 years in no mans land at the Mexican border, until I found a corrupt Mexican tax official, who allowed it for a substantial fee, to be imported on my Mexican immigration status at the time. Three years ago all expatriot Canadians or Americans who were full time or part time residents here, were allowed one out of country plated vehicle legally, as long as they carried their immigration status in the car. The car been down here legally for over two years with no problems, until the renewal of my immigration staus this year; where all the rules changed, and none of us can have a foreign plated car here anymore. New rules: Car has to be 8 years old or newer; taken up to the border, and thousands of dollars paid in taxes to legalize it. AND, it has to be a Nafta produced vehicle. So I am now forced to find another corrupt border guy, have the Ferrari "exit " the country, by turning in my documentation and hologram sticker. Then bury the car here until I can purchase a legal Mexican Fiero ( there are some) and take all the vin plates off it, and make my car this legal Mexican Fiero. obviously I don' t want any conflicting vin plates on it! Welcome to living in Paradise! Believe it or not, this has been researched, and is doable, if they don't change the laws again soon. housands of expatriots are faced with this here right now. Steve

Unnecessary "hoops" constructed by evil people to make other people jump through. The whole damn business is a sham. Why does the car have to be 8 years old or newer? No GOOD reason, just some evil person trying to force their will or agenda on other people. Why do you have to pay thousands in taxes on a car that old that has already been paid for and taxes paid more than once on? No GOOD reason, just more evil people with more "hoops". I've never been a supporter of "anarchy" but these people are trying my patience. Government has done VERY little for me in the last 20 years, and as a career military person that served through 3 war eras, I think we're even. They need to back off and stay out of my life and I'll stay out of theirs, but evil people just keep on pushing....