Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to coat styrofoam to dont get melt

how to coat styrofoam to dont get melt

hello

can someone help me about this
    how can i cover the styrofoam to can use the resin for fiberglass

iam working with styrofoam to make a 3d half f1 car advertisement

i want to use car body filler but first i need something to cover the styrofoam

thanks

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

1 1 4 Gallon Epoxy Resin Hardener Laminating Kit | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARINE-GRADE...item35b8b44bf4 what we use is this one , we order here

2 COATS OF THIS ,LET IT DRY 24 HOURS ,then you can use regular poly resin to make the mold and or parts
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 05-12-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER View Post
    1 1 4 Gallon Epoxy Resin Hardener Laminating Kit | eBay

2 COATS OF THIS ,LET IT DRY 24 HOURS ,then you can use regular poly resin to make the mold and or parts
    thanks
    do you know what is the brand of the resin so i can found it in mexico ?
    here in mexico is hard to find i can just find poliester resin

Hello sir, may I ask what kind or what is the exact name of this styrofoam you are using?

if you can.... order this from e bay ,this kit is cheap ,i order from this guy he ship quick ...we bondo on this too

this is our IKR KUSTOMS 670 STYLE FRONT BUMPER COATED IN EPOXY RESIN ....tricks of the trade

Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 05-12-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

if you can.... order this from e bay ,this kit is cheap ,i order from this guy he ship quick ...we bondo on this too

this is our IKR KUSTOMS 670 STYLE FRONT BUMPER COATED IN EPOXY RESIN ....tricks of the trade

but that bumper was made of styrene ? the styrene iam using is the one that always is white also know in some countries (unicel, hielo seco,telgopor)
    i really dont know the name of the foam iam using but is the one like is using for protective shipping
    i know there are many kinds of foam and iam not sure what kind is this but is very weak , very easy to get melt

Quote Originally Posted by akosinovice View Post
    Hello sir, may I ask what kind or what is the exact name of this styrofoam you are using?
    hello akosinovice
    i dont know the exact name here in mexico is better known as hielo seco or unicel ,

as long as it,s epoxy forget about a brand name get the cheapest you can find , its only to protect the foam until you get a mold and if color is not a problem the brownish will work

as long as it,s epoxy forget about a brand name get the cheapest you can find , its only to protect the foam until you get a mold and if color is not a problem the brownish will work
    ok

i will try

just to be sure

is like this my foam
    tha one that is used to make this products