Thread: 95 MR 2 Right hand drive

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

95 MR 2 Right hand drive

Who made the strut tower re locator for the Extreme Murcie kit and how much does it cost ,someone please post pictures of this re locator ,...it move the engine back to change the wheel base behind the old strut/shock towers we may need one for a 106.3 wheelbase

JUST FOUND THIS IDEA ON HERE : http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/te...ame-wider.html
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 05-21-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

IKR. That mod done by extreme is not easier than stretching the MR2 cabin about 12". I have a 1995 MR2 that I just stretched two weeks ago. It's not like the strut relocation is a kit you could just install - it still requires cutting & fabricating! Just like the Fiero, the MR2 stretch costs about $2K

the chassis can not be cut in half some kind of rule ..but moving the engine back is aloud ,thanks my friend , still looking ...we have no experience with the 91-95 MR2
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

IKR. Want my advice? It will make you a millionaire in no time (:

1. With your next $1000 buy an MR2 and dissect it and you'll see it's not too hard to find a way to move the struts back.
    2. Make the 91% Aventador kit and sell it for $9,995 for partial and $19,995 for full

MMMM ?

In the UK there are laws that you should abide with. When you complete your builds they should have a radically altered vehicle inspection ( VOSA), you can then re name your car as I did with my Extreme 360 years ago. They ask if the chassis is altered in anyway obviously you say NO, but reality is that it is changed, you just do not tell them or show pictures ..lol

As far as I know the easiest way to stretch the MR2 is not by the rear struts, If you can get a hold of Evolution ( Robert) he Is the man to either talk you through it or do it for you. I saw his car stretched and he said it was done in a very short time scale with the least effort, and it looked very well done too. Evolution has the experience and knowledge in both methods and is definately the man you need to contact regarding the MR2 stretch.

BTW the same rule applies to the struts as it does cutting the chassis in two, it is still either way altering the original chassis as far as VOSA is concerned, so neither way is legal if you tell the exact truth. I imagine some fool will say I do not know what I am talking about, but hey ho.

I hope this helps !
    Last edited by clones; 05-21-2013 at 04:22 AM.

also, i ve heard people complaining about a very bad handling after relocating the strut towers...

Dave. Are you selling a SuperBass kit to Europe and they want to use an MR2?

Name:  Rear Struts.JPG
Views: 1771
Size:  41.0 KB

vs.

Name:  Stretched.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  85.1 KB
    Last edited by am33r; 05-21-2013 at 01:22 PM.

YES ...in the works

Yes easiest way is to stretch the mr2 same as the pictures above this is how my mr2 was stretched

IKR

Our only info on MR2 Stretch was from CKI but most of the information is non-sense and some parts are not even correct but I have detailed instructions regarding all the Stretch information and all the parts with part numbers to reconnect all the MR2 systems. Also, while the logic of the stretch is fine, a few little changes (I believe they should be MANDATORY) will make things work without crazy mods. I am trying to make my build professional and with high craftsmanship so lemme know if you go the rout of stretch method that requires cutting the car (Which I am certain is easier than creating a rear end subframe & cradle).

If you are a good welder, then all other metal/parts/links, etc. will cost $500 in total to complete the stretch and have the car running again after stretching it like it used to.
    Last edited by am33r; 05-22-2013 at 04:18 PM.