Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A/N adapted fuel rail for 3800 S/C engine

A/N adapted fuel rail for 3800 S/C engine

Well, I just picked it up at the machine shop today, still in it's raw, undressed form. I'm sending it off to be aluminum ceramic coated tomorrow, but wanted to share some current state pics. These ends are silver solderd on. It's very stong, up to 10,000 PSI, much more than the pipe itself.

I plan on using stainless A/N fittings and braided hoses from these ends that will run to the tank. These ends are a 5/16" and 3/8" JIC pipe fittings.

This work only cost me $16 bucks. The rail on the other had lists at GM for $280. I destroyed my original rail in an "experiment".

Re:A/N adapted fuel rail for 3800 S/C engine

Duane:

Ok I'm in. Nice job!

Where do I get the fittings that you have posted? I have mine with rubber hose clamped over the fitting for the time being. It looks like I need 26 inches of each size hose plus fittings. I will go with the stainless as well. I have used the aluminum on my oil coolers. It should not make any difference on the fuel lines.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

It's the best solution I could come up with. It was either silver solder the ends on, or use a compression style fitting that would tighten against the pipe to create the seal, then the other end would be A/N.

The benefit of having the ends silvered on is, of course, the reliability, the draw back is that the heat distorts the OEM finish.

I will look at my invoice and get the part numbers for the ends, and post them here. I didn't pick up the stainless female ends or braided hose yet. I will do that when I install the rail and plan exactly what I need.

AND THEY'RE OFF! 6/6/2003

I've sent my fuel rail and some other misc brackets for the engine to www.airborncoatings.com

I'll post pics as soon as they show up.

Dave,in our area,Tommys radatior on 22ave.across from Home Depot in St.Pete can make anything you want.They made up special fittings and lines for the AC on the Limo that Im working on.

Airborn called to inform me that the ceramic aluminum coating would not stick to the metal my fuel rail was formed from. I was rather disappointed to hear the news. The solution was to powder coat it instead. The ceramic aluminum is more durable, oil resistant, UV resistant, polishable, etc. The powder coat is not. They have a color called semi-chrome, and it has the same look as polished aluminum. It was picked up my UPS today and should be back in my hands shortly. I'll post pictures as soon as it comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by BondoBob
    Dave,in our area,Tommys radatior on 22ave.across from Home Depot in St.Pete can make anything you want.They made up special fittings and lines for the AC on the Limo that Im working on.
    Thanks Bob:

I need two Radiators that are 13 inches wide and 14 inches high over all measurements. If you will post the phone number and contact, I will give them a call.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

AND IT'S BACK 6/20/2003

Here is the finished product...

AND INSTALLED 6/22/2003

Looks great.
    Now for a quick question... Whats the round flat thing opposite the regulator? Just curious since mine does not have it.

Another question... Did you make the mounts or are you using WCF or ACE or someone elses. I've been waiting 3 weeks for my WCF mounts, so I was wondering if there was another alternative.

later...
    Cool video, too...
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif