Thread: 430 wing mirror folding motor: Any ideas?!

430 wing mirror folding motor: Any ideas?!

Hi,

I am looking for a very flat electro motor to build in my 430 wing mirrors...

It has to be very flat... Anyone any ideas?!

What are you using as a base? Do you have fiberglass copy's of the OEM?

If so, buy a set of these and use the motors, glass and mounts

95 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse F430 Style Side Power Mirror LED Yellow Arrow Signal | eBay

Hey Sean,

They are plastic replicas ...they made silicone moulds of OEM wingmirrors... So they are not just the outer shell... I only have to make the mechanism.

The mirrors in the link you posted I have seen before in your build thread, how can I forget! Using them is a great idea! However, I have read some bad reviews about the folding mechanism being flimsy... But hey, I'll buy them anyway. The glass + motor is worth the money!! And i get LED indicators in the mirror glas!!! HOW COOL IS THAT! I wonder if they are the same size as OEM, though...

Today I ripped open the wing mirror of my girlfriends Renault Megane Convertible... They have folding actuators... They are quite small, but not small enough... I noticed the actuator was made by a third party (schefenacker Australia)... After googleling around I found that most actuators that car manufacturers use are third party...

Do your mirrors fold outomatically or manually? If they are automatic... Can you check the brand of the actuator?

Thanx for the great tip!!
    Last edited by dman1409; 06-14-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Folding is manual. Motors are just on the mirrors. I didn't know they made them any other way.
    Last edited by MacGyver; 06-15-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Ok! Good! So i dont have to fit motors in there...

I ordered the mirrors on ebay... Hope I can modify them to my mirrors! Curious how it works!