Thread: Need transaxle +++

Need transaxle +++

Guys, need some help, the Griffin Gear box I had broke some internals and they just don't have the time to fit in the one off parts.
    Links to the Griffin unit coming out.
    https://lamborghinicountachreplica.w...e-documenting/
    https://lamborghinicountachreplica.w...the-transaxle/
    Name:  img-20121124-00293.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  40.0 KB

Have an email in to the master (JDinner) he's local to me, but a busy guy and he knows what locally available.

Have a good budget but want to look at what's easiest to fit up to my LT1 (out of a 93 vette) its stock, running with lambo 345/35/15's mounted to OEM wheels on GM hubs (have not counted the splines but I believe they are front hubs from a Blazer. I'm getting the transmission and drive shafts (believe these are from a Cadillac). Hopefully they will be shipped back soon.

I'm a rookie to this stuff but have to admit I'm looking forward to doing this. Reading the forum found the following:

- GBox looks like they are in our industry but the Porsche ratios looks like the LT1 will be screaming on a cruise?

- California Motorsports, same Porsche issue but looks like they could supply every thing from the fly-wheel to the CV + the shifter and linkage. That's appealing to me since I have limited time and resourced for finding this.

- Advanced Automotion like the Audi ratio's but looks like I'll be on the hunt to put the rest of the parts together to finish the drive line and shift linkage.

- Monels look like they are more buggy style transmissions, not sure they have the rest of the items I need?

Don't know much about these guy so any help would be appreciated or other alternatives. I'm not hard on equipment and the cars more for shows for me not track days.

Hey Todd
    If it is just that one shaft that is broken I should be able to get it made then hardened.
    IT probably won't be as strong as original but if you drive it normally it should be ok.
    So many things are different when you start to change a transmission type.

Quote Originally Posted by jdinner View Post
    Hey Todd
    If it is just that one shaft that is broken I should be able to get it made then hardened.
    IT probably won't be as strong as original but if you drive it normally it should be ok.
    So many things are different when you start to change a transmission type.
    Thanks Jim, I think DeLynn was thinking the same thing but the shaft has some warn areas making it dificult to copy, he was trying to get some CAD work done to duplicate but that's a backlog issue for them as well. Some pics of what he found.
    Name:  2013-02-15_18-40-35_523.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  88.3 KB
    Name:  2013-02-15_18-41-39_63.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  89.5 KB
    Name:  2013-02-15_18-40-57_443.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  86.6 KB

Thanks for the help. I have worked out a game plan to have DeLynn's new unit before Christmas. I'm not convinced but hopeful! He's using some of the parts from my old transaxle so returning is no longer an option. As a contingency plan I'll keep on the hunt for alternatives.