Thread: Aventador - Hidden Latches???

Aventador - Hidden Latches???

Hello,
    I was looking at a 3D model of the Aventador I have from Forza; Those models are 3D scanned as far as I know, so they should be very accurate.
    Anyways, I noticed this:

Those are on both sides - Does anyone know what they are? At first I thought they're used to open those bat wings, but then I read they're automatic, like the spoiler. I'm not sure if they're latches or some sort of design feature, or even maybe an aftermarket part on the model they scanned, but they look like it's something the end user is supposed to pull.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by xengs; 06-30-2013 at 09:16 AM.

So it's an OEM part, but what could it be?

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    it,s a plug cover, over a finger latch on the Aventador, the door latches are like a 500 series Mercedes electric pull down latch ....if their is no battery power you pop the plug cover off and pull the trigger manually and the door open up ....inside the handle on the door it,s electric too , you pass your fingers over the sensor ,just like the new Xbox and it activate the door latch to open
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

So it's a mechanical latch for the doors. That's nice. Thanks for the information
    By the way, it's not a movement sensor in the door handle, it's a button. Anyways.
    Mods can lock this if they want

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    One other thing the set up is reversed from almost all other vehicles ....the stricker is on the door and the latch is in the upper door jam .....
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!