Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Ferrari 355 headlight setup on fiero frame

Question: Ferrari 355 headlight setup on fiero frame

I have a 355 (IFG kit), and my headlights need to be realigned. Currently, if I hook up the headlights, they would pop up in the original fiero factory location. How do I relocate them easily? Is there a pre-built bracket that I can utilize or do I have to do the fabrication work myself? If so, does anybody know a good fabricator in the northwest ohio area who can fix these lights for me? I am running with fog lights right now.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pics of the motor location would be helpful. On other kits, they mounted the rear pivoting piece of the headlights forward (after cutting some of the radiator support that was in the way), then just make the arm that the Fiero motor pivots on longer to accommodate the distance it moved forward. Then you can keep the motor in the same location, and save some more fabrication. Post some pics of what you've got, and hopefully someone can chime in with advice.

Here are a few photos of my car and the headlight location. Can anyone give me advice on how to make these headlights line up properly. I would like to be able to drive this car at night. Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Bump. Any help?

It is a simple "L" shaped bracket.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Thanks, Funny Wheels. Do I need to fabricate one, or can I buy one that is premade to the correct dimension? Does it go at a 90 degree angle? A 45 degree angle? Or some variance in order to mate it to the headlight covers properly? I have failed to find a build diary that covers this topic. I have also searched Google and come up short. Thanks again!!
    Last edited by EEES; 08-22-2013 at 04:44 PM.

I'm pretty sure you will need to fabricate........and that's the great thing about a car YOU build. I personally would get away from the Fiero headlight mechanism.

I used 355 Factory. Cost me $210.00 for the headlight bracket and $1,800.00 for the headlights used. Try "T Rulands" in Tucker, GA (near Atlanta). They sell used Ferrari parts. 348 will work too.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels View Post
    I used 355 Factory. Cost me $210.00 for the headlight bracket and $1,800.00 for the headlights used. Try "T Rulands" in Tucker, GA (near Atlanta). They sell used Ferrari parts. 348 will work too.

Dave
    Hea Dave,
    Nice to see you are posting on the forum.

Sean

Okay, thank you for all the input. I will read through the build diaries and hope to find some more information regarding the brackets. Does anyone know if Houdini's customs is still in operation? I have tried to reach Dean but was unable to do so.