Thread: Aventador Key

Aventador Key

It's very easy to find out which car company owns Lamborghini... Look what I found

Audi's "Smart Key":

Aventador's Key:

Nothing but the top cap has changed - Which has this awful cheap-looking plastic silver mirror finish. Just like those cheap Chinese toys... Oh well, maybe it "feels" better than it looks.
    But back to the topic, if anyone is going to replicate the key, they're probably a step closer

EDIT: That looks good: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/81..._3_button.html
    It would just need a "Lamborghini" script at the back, a top cap, and a lambo badge to go with it.
    Last edited by xengs; 07-05-2013 at 11:38 AM.

I can get oem Lamborghini keys for 450. Its fov fold out keys.

That is the one used in the Gallardo, not the Aventador

the audi key shown in the first post actually feels pretty nice. its massive and heavy and despite the plastic feels pretty high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by xengs View Post
    That is the one used in the Gallardo, not the Aventador
    yes it is. lol. i will be using it on my build tho. i bought mine used but the guy who i bought it from claims he can get them brand new.

@janman92
    It's insane how Audi uses those small parts instead of buying a small plastic molding machine (They make just 4 Aventadors a day), when they're selling an $400k car!!!

@solrac
    This could also be the key they used on the Reventon, not just the Gallardo. The guy you're referring to, is probably a Lambo dealer, or he knows one. They can get New ones as "Replacement" keys for one of their customers. In my opinion the Gallardo one does look better than the Aventador's
    Last edited by xengs; 07-07-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xengs View Post
    @janman92
    It's insane how Audi uses those small parts instead of buying a small plastic molding machine (They make just 4 Aventadors a day), when they're selling an $400k car!!!

@solrac
    This could also be the key they used on the Reventon, not just the Gallardo. The guy you're referring to, is probably a Lambo dealer, or he knows one. They can get New ones as "Replacement" keys for one of their customers. In my opinion the Gallardo one does look better than the Aventador's
    the guy i know says he used to own a lambo dealer so he can get stuff from the manufacture still. Im sure they would be as replacement keys or something like that. i bought a used one from him and only after i bought that used one he told me he can also get new ones.. if i would of known i would of just bought me a new lol. lol

Oh well, Unless the price difference is very very small, it doesn't matter. You'd get scratches in a month or so anyway

your absolutely right xengs. i also dont see why the dont invest the extra penny to make a really nice and sophisticated key.
    but judging from the direction vwag is going ( their mbq frame building system f.ex.) one of their long term mail goals in production, is low costs...

Of course. All rich people have just one goal; That is making more money. Many companies follow the same strategy like VW, not just in the automotive industry; Behringer for example, a professional Audio Equipment manufacturer, which is known for low prices and horrible build quality, recently acquired Midas, the manufacturer that constructs simply the best mixing consoles out there. Back to the topic; They simply aim for the lowest possible cost, even by a tenth of a cent, and the highest possible earnings. I would simply never pay $400k for a car that has an $2 plastic key. If there is a car company that cares about key quality, it has to be Aston Martin.