Thread: Audi S4 V8 4.2 into a kit car??

Audi S4 V8 4.2 into a kit car??

hey all,

i'm completely new to all this so please forgive me if i'm being outrageous here.

I have an Audi S4, but its been subject to a cat D write off due to all the airbags being blown when it had a small bump. The car is in immaculate condition and has been inspected and repaired by Audi, however, due to the cat D label knowone will give me a price anywhere near its worth. i've been thinking about building a kit car for a while now, and i was thinking, would it be possible to drop the v8 from my audi into a kit car? would it fit into anything like a caterham shell?

like i say, im new to all this, and im a bit of a mechanical retard atm (im learning, bear with me lol), so constructive comments would be appreciated

thanks

Unfortunately the engine is tied to all the electronic parts of your car, it requires ecu skills to successfully transplant to a kit car designed for the v8, saying that Mark at spyder sports cars has a gallardo build currently using the v8, he's got some preliminary videos on youtube, or you could have a look at mine in it's current state of build

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO REPLICA SPACEFRAME CHASSIS BY SPYDERSPORTSCARS!!!!!!!!! - YouTube

DNA 4thirty v8 engine and gearbox back in - YouTube

just a few ideas
    D

There are a few management systems available for these engines now, probably worth buying a kit car magazine and ringing round some of the advertisers, or search net, I cant remember any names at moment but I know of a few cars running a audi rs engine

If you try using the audi loom then you will have problems as said its ecu controlled and things like immobiliser I believe are built into the speedo clocks so all must be used.

Most use a new stand alone loom, unsure if Omega do one but I know some companies do, just Googled ' Audi s4 stand alone engine management'and loads came up

Just remembered, Emerald do one

also read here:

http://audisrs.com/archive/stand-alo...t__t_2831.html
    Last edited by migwell; 08-18-2013 at 05:59 AM.

I'm using VEMS, plenty of info on these.
    D