Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: body buck plans needed

body buck plans needed

hi guys, my name is matija and i'm from croatia... i'm 21yrs old and i would like to build my own supercar replica but i need plans to build body buck... can you guys help me with this?

i would like to build porsche 356 or lamborghini countach or any kind of exotic-vintage car

i've got the problem with 3d software's and making cars in virtual world, but i have skills in all areas of making cars... i'm good at mechanics, electrical components, welding, precision cutting etc. and the most important i have all of the required tools for making supercar replica

Please help me with my dreamcometrue situation

thank you very much!!
    Matija

Do your homework.
    THEN come on here and ask for more help.

I dont get it... what do you mean by "do my homework"?? Like i said i'm new in this "world" so please tell me what to do...

Matija,
    Disregard Aflo's last comment.
    You will find lots of people on this forum who have built their own cars, and are willing to point you in the right direction.
    First figure out what type of buck you want to build (cnc foam mold, and spar& frame are 2 common types), them ask around on the forums if someone who makes correct models can segment the model for you. you might have to pay for that, but I can't imagine it to be terribly expensive.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by aflo View Post
    Do your homework.
    THEN come on here and ask for more help.

As Brada said...
    There are lots of people on this site who can help you - and they have POSTED numerous times on their experiences and techniques.
    There is a SEARCH function here. Learn to use it. You may find exactly what you want, already posted. In any case, you will find lots of material that will lead you to the solutions, even if not already boiled down into perfect summaries.
    Once you have searched, and gone through the effort, you will find people willing to help.
    On the other hand, I would hesitate to "disregard" anybody's opinion or post. In addition to being non-productive, it is disrespectful.

I'm with aflo,

If you go to the build dairy section of this site and start reading though all of the builds you will pretty much find answers to all of your questions. I've wasted hours replying to new people, and re-organising my body plans etc for them. During this time they are pretty much my best friend, then when they figure out how hard it is to actualy build a body from scratch they dissapear. Happened countless times to me and probably others aswell. If people see that you are making an attempt they may be more helpfull. You don't need to use a 3d model, Almac here in NZ made one of the best selling Cobra replicas using a 1/24th scale model and lots of photos, I made a start using a scale model on a piece of glass and measured it with a digital caliper. There is a guy who built a buck in a similar way over on the gt40 forum.

I agree with both of you fellows, I get 3-5 emails a week just from this forum on this and that, I was pointing out that all Alfo had to do was just give a simple post with some given direction.
    after talking to them it's clear that they are new to this and were looking for guidance.
    Thats all

I'll create plans for trade if you can get a car model I need. http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/ma...tml#post180167

How to do it yourself.
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...tml#post187368
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

There is a site called metalmeet.com which is dedicated to sheet metal shaping which has good info on making body bucks and formers for sheet metal cars which could also do the same job as a plug for fibreglass mould. There is a lot more than just fibreglass to building a car and the site has a lot of good info on all the other aspects you will need and you might learn some new skills you will definitely need if you are going to build a car from scratch.