Thread: Ferrari 458/Honda Accord

Patron Class Member

Ferrari 458/Honda Accord

Hello guys,
    I would like to know what are you thinking about the 03-07 Honda Accord coupe (Seventh generation series UC1 North America) as a donor car for the Ferrari F430, 458 Italia. I know a lot of builder are using the Cougar but since the Honda has 72 more HP then the cougar, 52 Lb-ft more torque, 20mm wheelbase longer than the 458 Italia instead of 34mm for the Cougar, has a wider track with 61” (1552mm) then the Cougar with 59” (1506mm), it alloy you to use a manual transmission 6 speeds and it have the Honda quality which is not insignificant.

But the main question is, if the kit can be install on the Honda, can it be done correctly? Do the Honda have the right roof curve? The engine bay is it too far on front of the chassis?
    Maybe I am dreaming and it is completely impossible.
    So what do you think?

Thanks to everyone for your time.

Last edited by rickwr88; 09-08-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: picture are not in the post.
    " "

05 Accord is 57 inches tall; 6 inches taller than the Cougar, and 10 inches taller than the 458. I think that's a dealbraker Personally, I think a stretched late 90s, early 2000's Mitsubishi Eclipse is the best route for an accurate donor.

Hey
    What do you call a Honda in an accident??

An Accordion...

the accord also has more "car" behind the rear wheel than the cougar

The cougar based 458s already look strange with the longer section behind the rear wheel, an accord based car would look even weirder

The Celica based 458s are looking interesting but we havent seen any good side shots yet. Easy to pump up a toyotas HP

Patron Class Member
    LOL…
    Satinta, this is a good one…

RHK, I completely understand what do you mean. A Ferrari 10 inches taller than the real one will be fu.. ugly.
    When they talking about the height, the measurement is it from the ground or from the bottom of the chassis? If it is from the ground, then it’s just a matter of suspension modification but if it is from the bottom of the chassis, 10 inches will make it look like a pregnant Ferrari...

Cutlass442, For the more “car” behind the rear wheel, I agree with you. For sure if we cannot remove it, that will look very bad but on every cars, there is a lot of wasted space there. Since we have to get rid of the trunk and the back seats anyway, the gas tank can easily be moved forward over the axle closer of the new gas door then we’re Building the firewall behind the seat where it suppose to be and the fake engine cover over the gas tank and I think we can get rid of almost all the undesirable steel behind the rear wheel. Unless Honda has put something in the trunk that can’t be moved, I think it is doable.

Is it possible to place the rear wheels so high into the chassis like in the picture below? Can something as cheap as 4 inch spacers allow this?

I wonder if we could buy mid engine G35's for donors and use them for replicas.
    Last edited by ArashB; 09-09-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

It's possible, you could get lowering springs or coilover suspension. Most of them drop the car 2-3 inches. 4 is a long way, and it wouldn't come close enough to the 458 height. Unfortunately, you wouldnt dare drive the car! You'd get stuck on every pebble in the road Beyond that, it would be a rough ride, as the suspension wouldn't have the travel it normally does.
    Last edited by RHK; 09-09-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Perhaps some modifications on the original Italia could balance things out. The photchopp with the red boarders could be its potential

Heres one from before which new glass would go over the engine... better as a mid engine conversion.
    Last edited by ArashB; 09-09-2013 at 07:20 PM.