Thread: Headlight motor wiring

Headlight motor wiring

I have been tearing my hair out trying to find the wires to hook up my headlight motors. After some intense research,,,,I have determined that I have been trying to install 86 style motors into a 88 wiring harness :-[. The motors I have all seem to have the three wires,,,,one being the blue wire that is not used in the 88. The control module switches the motors and the relays are not needed either. The question is: Can I use these older motors and still get them to work in the 88? If I can make this any more confusing,,,,,,,LET ME KNOW! 8)

Re: Headlight motor wiring

Ask these guy aswell, they may have some input

http://www.lambolounge.com/Front/Hea...headlights.htm
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

??? I was really hoping to get a quick answer to this one! I now have six older style headlight motors and a newer style car. Anyone have more advice on where else to look? Anyone want to trade some motors if they won't work? ???

I am not sure about the 88 wiring, But I would say ask on www.fiero.nl Mabye search the Archive Technical section there you may find the answer. Sorry I could not be more help, Let us know how it turns out.

:-/ Apparently trying to install older motors in a 88 harness is not a good idea. I am basing this on the number of threads out ther trying to explain how to put genII motors in older cars. I gather that these motors are much superior to the genI's. Easier to repair too I guess. Soooooo,,,,,I now have six genI motors available for trade to someone for genII motors. Don't ask me my I have so many. I know two of them are rebuilt but the other four are unknown. I found the genII's on the used fiero site for $40us each. These six should be worth trade to someone out there right? Or should I be putting them on Ebay for cash? Anyone,,,,,,,,,,,Hello,,,,,,,,HEY,,,,,,is this thing on? 8)

You could start a thread on Pennocks in the mall to trade them for the gen 2's. Or put them on e-bay for a quick sale, You would probably get the motors you need quicker trading / buying from a fellow Fiero owner.

I am wiring up the OEM Ferrari lights and have a challenge with getting the lights to pop up and down with one switch.* On, lighs go up and power to the headlight bulb, power off , lamp goes out and light folds down.

I just wondered if you figured out the circuits to accomplish this with the 88 relay and pop up lights?

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hey again Dave! Your ride is looking great!! I ended up using 88 motors with the OEM Fiero switch. They work like you wanted. Let me know if you need pics at all? 8)

Larry:

I could use some information and photos on the topic. Please send an email to newmdav@ispwest.com

Thanks for the assistance.

How is the Lambo moving along?

Dave

Well, I have most of the wiring made to hook my lights. I still need some kind of relay set up so I can use one headlight switch. Any suggestions?

Dave