Thread: Mercedes engine

Question Mercedes engine

Can a Mercedes S-class diesel engine to put in a Maybach,will there be any obstruction or impediment to the work?

Uh yeah . These cars aren't just an engine , they are completely controlled by computers and even if it physically bolts in, without a complete and total changeover , taking all the diesel computers , transmission , sensors etc and swapping basically everything under the dash and in the engine compartment , it won't run

You can't just take out the may Bach v12 and put in a diesel

Into a maybach? Ok.., why am I so lost with this question?

Everything in the car is vin coded to that car so if you start swapping things out with other items your gonna have to find a work around. So lets say you get a diesel engine from a bluetec. That engine has to come with all the computers, sam modules, engine brain, key, etc as they will all be coded to the donor car.

Your whim is to take one of the most expensive cars in the world and spend a lot of money to modify it with no apparent regard for how that will destroy the value of a Maybach. I AM IN! I would be delighted to have a new client with your obvious financial status.

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedsvt View Post
    Into a maybach? Ok.., why am I so lost with this question?
    He probably found a salvage /flood maybach that was cheap and looks good but needs a new drivetrain