Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarm system recommendations.

Alarm system recommendations.

Can you builders out there recommend a decent car alarm unit for my build?

I have been looking at different units and have not made a decision yet.

Auto start is not possible since I have a manual trans.

I donít need anything fancy or complicated just a basic system that also alarms if you jack it, tilt it, or hammer on it. Having the dome light staying on after disarming would be nice option.
    Looking mostly into Viper, Scytec, Crimestopper, Omega, Avital and etc.
    Decisions, decisions

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Can you builders out there recommend a decent car alarm unit for my build?
    I have been looking at different units and have not made a decision yet.
    Auto start is not possible since I have a manual trans. I don’t need anything fancy or complicated just a basic system that also alarms if you jack it, tilt it, or hammer on it. Having the dome light staying on after disarming would be nice option.
    Looking mostly into Viper, Scytec, Crimestopper, Omega, Avital and etc. Decisions, decisions
    I find putting the car up on four jack stands and taking the tires/wheels in the house at night tends to work well !!!

VIPER has been a fav of mine

good to see a topic like that... cuz i myself am i need of a proper alarm for my '11 lancer because one of my neighbours keeps scratching it.
    i looked around for some sort of one touch alarms but couldnt find anything. basically id need something that goes off as soon as something touches the car.
    Any ideas?
    ps sry for hijacking

Quote Originally Posted by janman92 View Post
    good to see a topic like that... cuz i myself am i need of a proper alarm for my '11 lancer because one of my neighbours keeps scratching it.
    i looked around for some sort of one touch alarms but couldnt find anything. basically id need something that goes off as soon as something touches the car.
    Any ideas?
    ps sry for hijacking
    The way I understand it. They call it a Proximity Radar Sensor and can be added to many different brands of alarms.

Quote Originally Posted by jdinner View Post
    VIPER has been a fav of mine
    Viper is made by Daryl Issa, the richest congressman we have and the crookedest. He stole the alarm system from the original designer and owner. I would never buy a viper system no matter how good it is just for those reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1 View Post
    Viper is made by Daryl Issa, the richest congressman we have and the crookedest. He stole the alarm system from the original designer and owner. I would never buy a viper system no matter how good it is just for those reasons.
    OK that's a little funny on the surface... he stole the alarm system! hummmmmmmm

Issa is probably the most wealthy congressman but the idea that he is not honest or that he "stole" the alarm system from the original designer and owner is an OFFENSIVE SMEAR. I suggest you PROVE IT or shut the #### up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dratts1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by aflo View Post
    Issa is probably the most wealthy congressman but the idea that he is not honest or that he "stole" the alarm system from the original designer and owner is an OFFENSIVE SMEAR. I suggest you PROVE IT or shut the #### up.
    Having read what Wikipedia outlines about Daryl Issa one certainly could conclude he is a fine upstanding example and role model for young Americans aspiring to be a congressman..... NOT

Wow, Wikipedia is your "authoritative" source?
    Again, PROVE IT!!!~