Thread: Looking to get a Lambo Murc built

Looking to get a Lambo Murc built

Do anybody know a honest builder of Murc, and also can put the BMW V12 engine in it. Can anyone help me with this?

You just asked the same question about the aventador
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/ge...tml#post196289

At least there are murci kits out there. In terms of reputable builders, that's a totally different story . There are very few reputable builders in the USA of kit cars . Any kind of kit car.

First of all, I hope you have $50,000+ because that's how much a shop is going to charge you to build a kit from the ground up, start to finish with a working v12

Mike Vetter in Florida is reputable and will build a Murcie on a boxster or fiero chassis . Don't know if he will tackle the v12 without demanding a lot more money,
    Fiero king , V8 Archie will build one on a fiero which usually means a GM v6 or v8
    None of these places have done a v12

In fact the only person who has a finished v12 kit car is jdinner and he did it for himself , not for others
    A few other people have tried but none work properly .

You dont want to end up with a car that sits half built in a garage or someone's shop for 5 years . You can't get a BMW 750i for $2000, a lambo body for $4000 and slap them together for $5000 labor .
    This is a massive undertaking in terms of cost and no shop is cranking out v12 replicas at an affordable price

I built several Kits and all have had high power drivetrains..
    The cost of a V12 will be huge. unless you plan to use an older, lower powereed ones then u can get a good one for 2-5000 k..(at that point your're just doing it to say you have a V12). If you want something with some balls like an AMG motor ,you will start at 12k and go on from there .heres an example of the range of cost.. keep in mind thats without opening them up and going thru thre used one.
    04 Mercedes S600 SL600 CL600 Engine Motor V12 Biturbo | eBay
    Mercedes Brand New V12 Bi Turbo AMG65 AMG 65 CL65 S65 M275 Series | eBay

Thene theres the engine managment system. Youll have to eathier get a factory one and severly modify it or get a custom harness made.. ether way your looking at about 5k barring no major complications..
    Now !, lets talk transaxles and mating systems.
    If yoou get a motor with some balls, you will need a good transaxle that can handle the input torque?!!
    You can use a porsche G series.. but becareful!.. Ive built cars for clients that didnt want to spend the 10K on a proper transaxle (thats 10k without the adaptive bellhousing and clutch systems) and the opted for the soft $1500.00 trans... and 6 monthe later they are back at my shop because they have blown out the gears by aggresivly pushing 600 ft-lbs from an LS7 thru a crap transmission.. so now they gotta pay for the following..10k for a new one, new design and refabrication for the new trans,
    shifting system modifications.. and so on..
    Then theres the body.. you can pick up a body for 4-6K.. YOU CAN'T JUST THROW PAINT ON IT! ... no no no.. that fiberglas body was probably made from regular industrial fiberglass product ( cuase its cheaper) , therefore you need to cure the body. means the body need to see temerature in the cureing stage that it will never see in the real world. for example, if the max temp in a sunny dsay in your world is 35deg.. then you need to cure to 45 deg. so that way when you spend the 13-15k on your proper body work and finishing and the proper gapping of cut lines and shut line ,.. your body doesn't shrink as it vents out or even prints through.
    How about the chassis..??... never in a million years are you gonna be able to take that V12 AMG coupled to a 6spd transaxle and throw that in a MR2 or fiero chassis. that would entail more work the actually building a proper(ish) tube chassis. so lets say ... mmmmmm 10K conservatively..
    let do a quick tally.. ur at about 54k (remember, this is super conservative) before you have considered suspension, wheels, interior finish, mock up labour and so forth....
    All this bove is of course based on doing a proper!.. reputable!.. build.
    No reputable shop or builder will put thier name on a shity low cost build. the bad press just isnt worth it.
    Good luck with you hunt my friend!

i thought there was a few mr2 based murcielago replicas in the uk with bmw v12's why not import the kit and do it yourself?

i think another enginge woth considering should be the merc m120 v12 (396/408 hp).
    it was used as m297 in the paganis and clk gtrs very nice and reliable engine. very powerful as well.
    but as mr brada says. if you dont get a new engine( and obviuosly that doesnt make sense) you gotta get a used one revise it hook it up with all the needed stuff and within a blink of an eye you end up with a 15k bill... or with giving up your project
    just my 2 ct

The mercedes are so electronically interconnected with the transmissions , abs, ESP and the factory security system that if you
    Don't swap over ALL those parts from the mb, it just won't run right.

Ur right, we've done several Mercedes and other V12 swaps. Its a lot of electronics customization. Hours upon hours...
    Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    The mercedes are so electronically interconnected with the transmissions , abs, ESP and the factory security system that if you
    Don't swap over ALL those parts from the mb, it just won't run right.

Good luck!
    I too am in the market for a replica/kitcar.

Cheers! :P

-YMCMB

Contact 76mx here on this forum and see what he can do for you. He will build a car for you and do it right.

E, thank you for the endorsement. Cimbria has already made arrangements to come to the U.S. and visit me. I have PM'd YMCMB but nothing yet. Right now I have nothing scheduled after the end of January. Maybe not a bad thing, maybe we will give Daytona another try.