Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Countach and Diablo windscreens and side glass

76mx;

Thanks very much for all the investigation work you put into this over the past several months. I understand you wanting to stop the process as it takes time away from the other stuff you need to get done as well.

I am going to try to call Pilkington's tomorrow morning to see if I can get some prices and info on a group buy.

No idea where it may go but we will see.

Thanks
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

You are welcome. I still have the OEM set of window and quarter glass if you need to verify dimensions or anything.

hey Don, I'm sorry to cut into a thread.....are you or 76mx still selling Countach windshields? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by little countach View Post
    hey Don, I'm sorry to cut into a thread.....are you or 76mx still selling Countach windshields? Thank you
    I bought my windscreen from Charley (76MX). Excellent service and part, but be aware it's OEM size and won't fit between Prova windscreen pillars without altering them.

K9

I don't have any Countach screens. I planned on getting my interior and windscreen from 76mx when the time comes. Hopefully this coming winter....

Another fellow that bought European Exotics off Alan Schrager also has windscreens but I have had a hard time getting in touch with him. he has posted here a couple times. His name is Don Barry and his username is DBsCOUNTACH. Charley (76mx) is in Texas and Atlanta and Don (BCsCOUNTACH) is in Boise Idaho.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

If there is a group buy for a set of curved glass then please count me in. I would prefer oem dimension glass if possible. If it helps, I'm a fabricator and I'm willing to donate time and materials to build the molds.

Been working on curved side glass for a couple years now.... We were able to get some 3d scans made and when we sent them out to glass manufacturers, as soon as they heard compound curve tempered they said they can't do it..... Very disappointing so far. Still trying to find a company that can make tempered compound curve glass but the list is getting smaller and smaller quickly.

There might be an opportunity to get another run of Sienna side glass run but it is single curve so will not be an exact replacement to oem. There is another thread on here somewhere talking about the different dimensions and the Sienna glass is very close in size to oem but only single curve not compound.

Would there be interest in the Sienna glass run? I would be looking for commitment from any interested parties and once we find out the numbers, we can confirm the price. I think it would be up around the $2000 US mark for both sides...

Still trying to find the compound curve solution but starting to set up a second avenue for our needs....

Thanks
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Don,

When you indicate single curve are you also referring to the rear quarter, and A pillar door glass?

A very long time ago I purchased Diablo glass from AGP, they were able to make me tempered compound rear quarter glass.

I still have the box the Diablo glass was shipped in, which has the Pilkington logo. I've been in contact with Pilkington USA about the Countach glass, and placed an order. Originally told it would take 3 to 4 months, but that was about 6 months ago and now I'm not receiving replies to my emails. So it looks like I'm shopping again.

Guys, as has been said, we may need to coordinate better here. I am 25 miles from a Pilkington USA factory (Rochester - Pilkington North America Inc.
    50 Vantage Pont Drive Rochester NY 14624). I have contacts at the UK factory (my home country but I live in NY now) so will pursue it. I was given a name there by a local glass company today. I'm also not far from Corning. There must be someone there who can do it....

Everyone says 'laminated won't work, it'll break when you close the doors'... How do we know that? I'll be happy to use chemicaly strengthened laminated glass, but understand that is not an OEM solution. I also have another source who can cut laminated glass to shape.

K9COP,

I'm fine with laminated glass.

I just helped my son change the side glass on his 2012 Dodge Avenger, I'm 100% certain, it has laminated side glass. I think the auto manufacturers switched to laminated side glass because of the side curtain air bags.

Who ever said laminated will crack, is probably trying to make the glass fit the door instead of fitting the door to the glass.