Thread: New in this world! Help!

New in this world! Help!

Hi, first of all, I live in Madrid Spain, the same country of Xisco

I dream for this moment 2 or 3 years ago, but at the time havent got any money
    But at the now, have a job and a some money

I want to build a Lambo kit because is my prefer, but it is more hard for a begginer builder then choose other kit more easier

The laws of my country and european laws dont allowed cut chassis for make a longer chassis and dont make your own chassis, then i need a donor car: MR2, whose is the more easy build with this donor... Murci or Gallardo?

I see a lot of videos and read a lot post for this forum but i dont clear step by step for make kit

1-Draw the plans and dimensions and print them
    2-With these plans modelling parts in styrofoam
    3-The styrofoam parts using for make fiberglass parts
    4-Attach the fiberglass parts to the donor car
    5-Attach the headlights, tail, and other things

Its correct?
    If it is correct, i have a many questions

1-Where i have take the plans and dimensions?, in the-blueprints.com dont see the dimenssions only the draws
    Whose plans i need take? The donor plans or the kitcar? because is the different sizes obviusly, if i take the kitcar plans and make a kit after i cant attach the kit because the donor car is more little. But if i take the donor car plans and make kit after i can attach well though is diferent sizes of real car
    Who is correct? I need choose donor plans or lambo,murci,etc.. plans?

2-Whom is the best way to modell in styrofoam? I dont have a lot of budget then cnc milling is not a option, vacumm same (for little parts yes)

3-How apply fiberglass well? first layer whit resin, second layer whit resin, third layer whit resin and the finally bondo. Its correct?

4-How attach well the fiberglass parts to the chassis?, if not know where holes are where exactly was anchored the real body

And other questions, that will later not be bored

A LOT OF THANKS

pd: sorry for my english
    Last edited by bios; 12-14-2013 at 10:34 PM.

FACEPALM

66 views and any reply........

I don't mean to be rude or cold-hearted but if you have to ask those sort of questions you are probably not equipped or experienced enough to build a Lambo replica. If you cannot use a tube frame or modify an MR2 or Fiero you don't have many options left. Maybe some one from your part of the world can comment on what kits might be available to you that you could build to get some experience and work your way up to the more complicated ones.

I write these questions beacuse in any post in this forum explain a tutorial or guide step by step for making a your own kitcar
    I read a lot of post and search 100 times but only show someone post with a little explain for steps by a newbie builder

It would cost more to build your own kit body from foam than just to buy the body from someone like xisco

Xisco makes a nice gallardo spider that bolts onto a Toyota no frame cutting

Yes, but in the xisco`s webpage dont sell the kit gallardo for a mr2, only sell all car by 36.000 euros, 40.000 or more dollars
    But with this price its imposible for me. If you click in the webpage over the kitcar section, the link is broken for many mothns ago
    Last edited by bios; 12-15-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Cutlass442 is correct. Less costly to just buy one from Xisco. Plus you will save a ton of time. Why re-invent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by bios View Post
    Yes, but in the xisco`s webpage dont sell the kit gallardo for a mr2, only sell all car by 36.000 euros, 40.000 or more dollars
    But with this price its imposible for me. If you click in the webpage over the kitcar section, the link is broken for many mothns ago
    He isn't a web designer and yes he will sell just the kit
    I think its about 6000€

What its the xisco`s webpage? src-kitcars.com?

Then anyone reply questions? Please