Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn:experts and fabricators. recent bought murci driving project issues. new pics!!

Attn:experts and fabricators. recent bought murci driving project issues. new pics!!

Mobile Uploads Photos by lamboflow | Photobucket

Car is murci kit on 88 fiero 2.5 4cylinder 5speed

Okay I have a link to the photobucket account showing issuesnin description of each photo also tell a lil of my issue. First off only starts with ether (starting fluid) runs fine once on even drives. Only loaded on it on trailer but I dont kno if its just from sitting bc when I let of clutch early while I was loading it fired right back up with no ether, but hasnt done that since ive been running it back home so maybe that or the wires that are snipped.... 3 off ecu harnesses. If not where do they go and is this somethat that needs to be hooked up bc the snipes dont look factory.

2nd issue windows were framed manual crank style which I thought was odd, would just put crank on and call it a day but its no way it can operate that close to the door. Any automatic gears I can put on crank teeth to operate with switch without having to undo all that. Door skins are already on and it is painted so id hate to have to cut into body work and paint to install an entirely new system

3rd my door doesnt latch bc its too farr away. Anyone know a good resource to get those small spacer tabs for the latch. Dont want to drive with doors loos already ruined one set of shocks towing home like that and had to replace them.

4th my ac/heat controller was under dash when I pulld up anyone know of an easy way to make vent routes so I can pop out on dash and defrost. All function I just need a. Head start on ideas for material to use that will act like ducts to route pushed air through

5th found oe speedo I dont know year or model cluster came from but upon hooking it up idle calmed down noticeably. But speed stays at 10mph at idle and rpm maxes out. Oil pressure reads fine and gas and temp seem to as well as long I dont tilt cluster. Upon tilt all guages except speed and oil pressure read max, upon lvl height everything looks realistic. Also I never notice check engine light even at pre start with key in on positon.

Last what is that leaf looking metal tap with prong on end? Seems to have a cable connected and leads under dash. Its the metal thing in pics on my jeans.

Thanks for any help or input anyone can offer. It bought almost complet just going through horrors of figuring out previous build. Much appreciation to all
    Last edited by the1withplans; 02-02-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Hmmm, its really hard to tell what im looking at with those pictures, but i'll try to help anyway.
    If you car starts with starting fluid, its more than likely your fuel pump relay. On a fiero, the fuel pump relay is used to send power to the fuel pump upon start-up, and then disengages once the engine is running and has sufficient oil pressure. By squirting ether in the throttle body, you are substituting that (ether) for the fuel that should be there from the fuel pump, and the engine starts up. Once the engine fires up and the oil pressure increases, the secondary relay takes over and supplies the power to the fuel pump to keep the engine running. Its a failsafe design so that if the engine ever looses oil pressure, the fuel is cut off to kill the engine preventing seizure or other problems.

Next, the spacers you need for your latch are on most Mercedes cars, if you need them you could salvage them at a junkyard. If you cant do that, just make your own (that's what I did). Simply get some 1/8" or 1/4" sheet metal or aluminum, and cut the size plate you need. Drill the 4 holes (oversize) for the screws to go through, and stack as many as you need between the jamb and strike to make up the (gap) distance .

For your gauges, you might have a loose connection in your harness. Check to make sure everything is clean of corrosion and firmly inserted into the receptacle.

For your speedometer, it needs to be from a Fiero with an automatic transmission or it wont work properly with your car. Speedometers from a manual transmission are totally different than the ones from an automatic trans.

I don't know of any gear arrangements available that will just attach to your window crank shaft and make your windows go up and down, other than aftermarket kits which are designed to make manual crank windows into power windows. The units aren't small though, and they are very unsightly to say the least. Like I said earlier, its hard to see what needs to be done and how to do it just by looking at a few pictures. Anything is possible, but is totally reliant on your skill level and how crafty you are.

Use vent hose to route the air to where you want it to go. It comes in all different diameters and lengths, and is available at auto part stores.

The last piece (on your jeans) appears to be an antenna base, with the coaxial cable coming out of the base.
    Last edited by murcie-me; 02-02-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Ok thx, im on fuel pump relay issue now since ts daylight here. Incase its relatd to one of those wires that are snipped im going too straight wire a primer feature that basically is me pushing down a button to supply 12v to fuel pump for a few secs then start. Cutlass 442 pointed me in the perfect direction for those window crank conversion. Ive got 1 ordered now id rathe try that then have to tear door apart and fit replacement tracks. Also how do I go about using the vss buffer on the cavliler dash any diy method for testing purposes its not perminate its just a to make sure I dont have any underlying sensor issues. So when I get your cluster I know everything will function properly. I tht fiero I pulled had a manual trans and it said se on decklid but engine bay was empty. So im basically in need of a better setup to make sure those snipped ecm wires are not affecting any of my critical functions.. any ideas??

Sure, the first thing is to make sure everything is hooked up. You need to reconnect any cut wires, open grounds and check everything for continuity.

Had to order another relay bc I have no way of testing to see if old one was any good but abt the snipped wires I dont see where any of them go they are jus snipped I dont see another side to any of them. Top ecm bottom right green wire is snipped.then the lower ecm plug is white wire black stripe and also lower ecm plug orange wire is cut. Any wire diagram show where yhes go on 88 fiero 2.5 4cylinder 5speed?
    Last edited by the1withplans; 02-03-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Did you check to see if you had power to the relay connector? There should be power at all times to the post of the n/o throw at all times, and then power to the relay coil when the ignition is on.
    Here are the pin outs for your engine ecm.
    White with black stripe appears to be ECM ground., OR diagnostic test.

You need to list what color the connector is that the wires are snipped on, it will either be a black or white connector.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by murcie-me; 02-03-2014 at 07:32 PM.

maybe this is better.......

look at the second line of this chart, where it lists what the orange wire is for...............Hmmm........

Didnt check, its dark outside but this new outlook on that snipped orange wire is worth pulling out the flash light. If so I dont fell safe nessarly hooking it up bc its ecm direct feed n I want to avoid unessary expenses. If.orange wire is the culprit then I think i will just create a prime function button. On a side note its a great theft deterrant. Lol.ill figure out which connectors they are then repost. Im definitely curious to see what other wires are. Stand by..... im gping in.

Ok sorry it took so long but omg its a 2.5 4cylinder but it cant be the same stock motor that ppl bash everywhere bc this shht is fast as hell.. i mean it shocked me how quick it is especially with 19inch rims. All i will do is turbo charger with maybe 5lbs of boost just for sound and extra but fck the 3800 and v8swap im totally content with this. Maybe irs the super duty 1 i dont know how to tell the differenc e but dam. I had so much fun tonight.

Ok back to problems no power on side of relay and looking at ecm closely i see that the Black harness has white and black wire Along with orange wire that are both snipped. The green wire is on the connector that plugs into theback wall above ecm. Its the right plug and green wire in bottom right corner. If relay doesn't work then ill be hooking up prime button as desctibed. So any thoughts before I race rigg it are greatley appreciated
    Last edited by the1withplans; 02-04-2014 at 02:39 AM.