Thread: New supercar design.

New supercar design.

Hi everybody i'm New in this and i have a lot of questions, well, i want to build my own sports car with mid-engine set up, i already have a fiero donor car, ihave been working on the design of the car but only on paper, sketches, just that but i wanna jump to the next step, to have a design in the computer with a cad software, what software do you recomend me and why? And then when i'll finish the design how can i do to get the plans of the design? Sector by sector. ... help please folks! !

To get nice surfaces it could take you a year to learn cad software part time... its easier to just have someone create it for you. The next step is to slice it up and run it through a foam CNC carver.

carving program
    Cut3D - 4 Sided CNC Model Machining - YouTube

I have a bunch of super car models, most likely I can use those panels and create something similar for you.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Is it hard to find a cnc machine where i live, i have seen that people do a skeleton of slices of wood and they left spaces between each layer of wood then they fill with foam all the spaces and shape it up. I wanna know how to get those slices of the car to build the body... btw can you do it for me or help me with the design?

I love your ambition, building a kit is one thing, building your own is an entirely different beast. You must be amazing with hand laid fiberglass and fabrication. Fugazzi's build is pretty awsome maybe you should ask him for a few pointers on how he got his start on it. Just a thought. I look forward to seeing it
    Posting on board w/ my phone, sorry for the jumbled words

I find fiberglass so hazardous for a starter, that its best to even work at McDonalds (or any minimum wage job) for a month, save money and contract the work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotelo Automovil View Post
    Is it hard to find a cnc machine where i live, i have seen that people do a skeleton of slices of wood and they left spaces between each layer of wood then they fill with foam all the spaces and shape it up. I wanna know how to get those slices of the car to build the body... btw can you do it for me or help me with the design?
    Ive looked into it and found this method to be the most economical, although I never tried it.
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...tml#post187368

If you dont mind posting your design sketches here... to show off my 3D modeling hack abilities , I'll make it for you.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts