Thread: led murci tail light nightmare. .help..Pics inside

led murci tail light nightmare. .help..Pics inside

Spent hours on the murci today, got exterior door circut system and all run on a keyed ignition.

Now having issue with lights. In the rear two led circle lights only have 3 inputs, trying to figure which to wire... and where. Because its two green/blacks and two yellow/black s both were twisted together going to the red lead. If turn sihnal is lefy on for more than 10-15 secs it seems to make other side light up as wrll but the original turn signal is the brightest out of them all. Maybe how its suppose to work i dunno, but i only Have turn signals when lights are off. When I turn headlights on, every thing illuminates and when turn signal is on nothing happens.. also since i have lens covers from cki if I buy a a bulb sockect to just replace them with bulbs how do I pin that because p.o cut the inside harness looks like I still have 1 bulb socket and small parking light on each side how many am I missing. Base is 88 2.5 Fiero. Thanks

http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/la...tml?sort=3&o=0

Front
    http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/la...tml?sort=3&o=1

Photobucket acct only a few pics up so its there
    Last edited by the1withplans; 02-23-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    Posting on board w/ my phone, sorry for the jumbled words

Those are truck tail lights.
    The white wire is ground - must go to a clean metal part of the chassis.
    The red wire is the brake/signal light - it will be the brightest
    The black wire is for tail lights - it will be dimmer.

on the fiero its two signal wires ie 2 yellow and blacks when I hook up 1 each it doesn't work.. complete pain in a $$ so basically your telling me split the tail light signal one to black and 1 to red. If soo i already tried that maybe it wascwrong blac k/yellow wire I n u shoud swap it over. Also should it all be ran off of 1 socket per side like both tail leds (2per side) are running wires off the same socket. Like 2 on 1 for 1 right and 2 on 1 for left. They are using each bulb socket that is closets to the middle is this a problem too? Im trying to see where my feed back is at and y with headlights on I get nothing. Going to check headlight wiring toda, but taking all those grills out the rear is a huge deal and I want to make sure its right so when I reseal its good
    Last edited by the1withplans; 02-24-2014 at 08:32 AM.

The stock Fiero wiring uses the brake lights as the turn signals also.

I got that part just dont understand y nothing works when headlights are on.

Quote Originally Posted by the1withplans View Post
    I got that part just dont understand y nothing works when headlights are on.
    Weak ground or a black is touching a red somewhere in the system.