Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: screwed!!!???? power windows murci1 cki kit..doaner info

Exclamation screwed!!!???? power windows murci1 cki kit..doaner info

Thought the previous setup on my murci was functional in short its not. Was a roll up but was put to keep windows in place.. anyway since door cards are already bonded on and painted. Is there anyway to way to easily work in a system without having to gut open doors. If not whats the easiest way to remove door cards and reinstall? Ive herd nissan maxima rear tracks but paied with what windows? Been doing a lot of searching but cant seem to find a solid step by step. Especially for cki murci1... I kno m1 wasnt my choice, but a deal I couldnt refuse and front bumpers and sides skirts can always be changed... so any takers im basically ready to pull out. Im jus fearfull of that moment where someone in next car is traying to talk and I cant roll window down or having to lift door at every drive through... so I figure lets atleast get halfway roll down function if possible. Thanks
    Posting on board w/ my phone, sorry for the jumbled words

Let me guess. Previous owner said "oh yeah you can just get these window tracks and slap em on and use this window and you got power windows." If it was that easy why didnt they do it in the first place. Instead they took the cheap easy lazy quick way out to make a quick buck off a buyer who doesnt know any better. Sorry but i see this all the time. Especially with the doors. "Oh the hard stuff is done just bolt these doors on this freshly painted body and badda bing." Yeah right.

Anyway, i cant imagine working on the window tracks and motors with only 50% or less access. You have to fab all the mounts for the motor assembly and tracks, all the wiring will be difficult with limited access.

I suppose you can use the glass thats already in the car. You will not find glass that will be able to roll all the way down b/c the donor glass is normally to tall for the low profile lambo door. Unless you have some custom made with some lexan or something.

Just dont go to any drive thru windows and if someone tries to talk to you while in your car, just give em the thumbs up and peel out and go. Or cut your door skins off and go for it. You can always try it without cutting but it wont be fun at all and nearly impossible. I dont mean to sound like a debbie downer but would you rather me lie to you instead? There is a reason the original builder didnt do it in the first Place. Good luck with whatever you do.

I have working windows, look up jetts thread, it was a big help

Jets303 is his name

I can appreciate your honesty... yea guy def fast talked me, but I have seen soo man incomplete projects and with his I could see the finish line. Others I really was intimidated by the lvl of shhht left to do it is running and driving and the number was right a few builders in my area who have saw it told me the guy had to hav 30-40 in it already bc they had 20s in thiers and sold bc of the amount of stuff left and they ran out of push so even with windows and other things left im not really upset I guess just disapointed but honestly had I known upfront and he kept the same price I still would have bought bc of finish line aspect .. I was thinking about the thumbs up thing, lol but if I can im going to try. Im going to search for jets now and check him out

Yeah, i hope i didnt come off the wrong way. If i were you i'd cut the outer door skin out. I know it sucks having to ruin that fresh paint. But keep your cuts nice and clean and when you are done with the windows, it will take some body work and paint shop can match the paint. Nice thing about fiberglass is you can F it all up and then repair it again if you are skillful enough but it's not too difficult just time consuming. You did buy it as a project car so this is part of it. When you buy an already started project, you have to go backwards a lot before you can go forward. But most importantly, do what satisfies you. It's your build now and you will be the one driving it when it's all said and done. Good luck!!

Jets was building on a G28L, not a G24 (mercy1). I sold him the glass for his build, which everybody knows is custom made.
    I have never seen a G24 with power windows, there is no donor glass that fits. I'm sure you could find something that might be close, but you'll have to modify your doors to fit the glass.
    The "door cards" are actually the interior door trim panels that get upholstered, are you saying that these are glassed in and not removable? Windows can be fitted without tearing the door apart, but its alot of work. You'll need to somehow install working tracks if the doors dont have any, this can be done from the outside of the door. If your doors already do have tracks, I doubt they are in the proper alignment to accept whatever donor glass you choose to use.
    Power windows are a very difficult and expensive task for these cars, probably why he just stuck the glass in place and closed up the door. I too have seen this done many many times, people don't realize how much work is involved to get everything aligned and working properly. These doors (mercy1, mecrcy2) were never meant to have working windows in them, they were designed to have whatever glass secured in place or be totally glassless.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by murcie-me View Post
    These doors (mercy1, mecrcy2) were never meant to have working windows in them, they were designed to have whatever glass secured in place or be totally glassless.
    screw that!

Wow... sucks.. major... just looked at cki again and yep evrything looks like murci1. Interior and all. My side skirts lik a lil different but guy told me he went to alabama to get it...Not that his word means much at this point... but yea sucks. I wonder if lexan will work since its flexible. Try to turn shht to sugar at this point. Doors were roll ups and roll dwn abt an 1/2 inch then hits frame inside and falls all over the place. I guess my terms are off. Was going to try with out removing outter door skin but after hearing the near impossibility of it all im definitely going to re think it all. Lexan with light tent might be the only option and maxima tracks. That way the door curvature wont hinder this probley will need to leave skins on so I know its working

I suggest you just leave the windows fixed and drive the dang thing

Most kit owners get tired of the car and sell it soon after finishing , let it bhe the next guys problem to solve