Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Mount Engine to Rear Mount (QUESTION)

Front Mount Engine to Rear Mount (QUESTION)

Hello guys, I'm close to finishing my chassis and it's designed for a rear-engined car. However I find it difficult to look for a rear mounted engine here in the philippines. What I'm planning to do now is to buy a 4cyl engine + tranny from a honda civic and mount it's engine to the rear of my chassis. Is there a way to make that possible?

Is the Honda Civic a front wheel drive car? You can pretty much use any front wheel drive engine/trans and relocate it to the rear of the car.
    Without talent experience is worthless

yes it is a front wheel drive car. thanks for the answer btw

I’m not familiar with Honda’s but you may be able to use the entire drive line, sub frame and suspension attached to it.

You should buy a whole Civic and take the drive train, wire harness and every other odd and end you need to make it work on your chassis.

thank you very much guys! for the mean time I'm going to use 4cylinder honda engines on my project, and save up money for some v8s or v12s.

Most of the kits using those kind of engines/transmissions end up using specific suspension components, including the uprights and half shafts. My RCR SL-R would be typical. That is a lot of development on those unique parts however.

Though I don't have much mechanical experience like others, but after watching certain videos on youtube, I know its very possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpTaNUv77E

Why would you want to trade out the Honda engine? you could build it and get alot of HP out of those engines, not to mention they sound more exotic than a V8!
    Without talent experience is worthless

thanks alot for the help guys! I'll post my own thread about my build as soon as I can make the chassis run with the engine.